Collaboration of Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi

millponddave

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:02 am

Vanessa and Claire,

Not much to add to what everyone else has said so I'll just tell you both that I just absolutely loved your version of this great song. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dave

cosmicmechanic

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:12 am

Well I am bowled over. I guess though, that I can add the following to the deservedly high praise already given:

Vanessa, you generously give a very clear view of your fretting and strumming ... WOW :) Also, beautiful voice and tone.

Claire, of course you are loaded with talent ... I hope you have at least half of an inkling of the joy it brings to your family and friends ... and then us :)

Back to you, Vanessa ... something about this tune and the mood leads me to make a request ... could you possibly do Springsteen's "Born to Run" ?
It would be a REAL killer!

Thanks Vanessa and Claire,
Pierre

AndyT

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:13 am

I have to ask again why the Professionals are posting and making the rest of us look like rank beginners.
Exceptionally well done.

pbraun

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 am

Vanessa and Clair, it has all been said, simply fantasic!
Pete

wiley

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 am

dennisg

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:12 am

This is a song I've never heard before, but I absolutely love what you two talented ladies did with it. Vanessa, compared to other things I've seen you play, I imagine you'd describe this as one of the easier guitar pieces -- but even here you bring so much beauty, attention to detail, and precision to the song. It's always a complete joy to watch you play. And, Claire, your voice is perfect for this, lilting and angelic and even edgy when it needs to be -- and together your voices blend like a glass of milk with warm chocolate-chip cookies. Perfect.

MarkM

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 am

Quite simply you two ladies Rock!! I can't even begin to descirbe how impressed I am with this performance. Putting aside the playing and vocals for a second, I thought the production was outstanding and very tasteful. I'd be very curious as to the application and set up you two used on this. Very fine work. Now Clair your vocals stopped me in my tracks on this. What a lovely voice and it harmonized so well with Vanessa's voice on this song. Ness your singing, in my opinion which is always great, was just perfect on this song. The playing??? Geez what can I say? Well as you say *$&%*@#)$&@)#&(N awesome!!!! Great arrangement on this. I bow to you to ladies as I'm not worthy..................

Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

tombo1230

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 pm

MarkM wrote:
I thought the production was outstanding and very tasteful. I'd be very curious as to the application and set up you two used on this. Very fine work.

MarkM
Hi Mark,
I put the video together for the girls, (Claire is my daughter) using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. It is ok software but nowhere near the likes of a professional editing kit like Avid, or Final cut pro,
that would be my first choice. But there are various problems using the videos that are produced on the small cameras, I won't bore you with the details.
Ness shot her own video, sent it to my dropzone that I set up and I shot Claire singing and at the same time recorded the sound of Claire in my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) which is Cubase and within that it has Guitar Rig 4 Pro, Claire had ness singing and playing in one ear while she sang along with her and it was recorded, then I mixed it exported as a wave file. The wave file was then imported into the video editing software replacing the original sound and then I edited the girls into the left and right positions with a background and captions added and that was it. I Hope this explains how it was done. The mic was a cardioid type SE 2000 The sound gets to the DAW via Guitar rig hardware which is basically a digital sound card/interface. There are lots of different makes to choose from for this.

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Thanks

MarkM

Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:14 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
MarkM wrote:
I thought the production was outstanding and very tasteful. I'd be very curious as to the application and set up you two used on this. Very fine work.

MarkM
Hi Mark,
I put the video together for the girls, (Claire is my daughter) using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11. It is ok software but nowhere near the likes of a professional editing kit like Avid, or Final cut pro,
that would be my first choice. But there are various problems using the videos that are produced on the small cameras, I won't bore you with the details.
Ness shot her own video, sent it to my dropzone that I set up and I shot Claire singing and at the same time recorded the sound of Claire in my DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) which is Cubase and within that it has Guitar Rig 4 Pro, Claire had ness singing and playing in one ear while she sang along with her and it was recorded, then I mixed it exported as a wave file. The wave file was then imported into the video editing software replacing the original sound and then I edited the girls into the left and right positions with a background and captions added and that was it. I Hope this explains how it was done. The mic was a cardioid type SE 2000 The sound gets to the DAW via Guitar rig hardware which is basically a digital sound card/interface. There are lots of different makes to choose from for this.

Tom N.

Thanks Tom. Great job on this. Funny. I just bought VMSHD Platinum 11 about a month ago. I really haven't had the time to play with it yet and get a better understanding of the app. I used to do some editing on iMovie a few years ago which was pretty easy. This Sony app looks a bit more complicated. I loved the two picture you used. I'll have to figure this stuff out. I did notice, however that Win 7 does not have a driver for my Cannon Vixia HG21 HD video Camera. I'm pretty pissed to be honest. So when I use that camera I have to download the video from the camera to an older Vista system then copy it to the Win 7 computer. Anyway I got off track on this thread. Thanks for the description.

Markm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic