Busking James Taylor

daryl

Tue May 15, 2012 7:25 pm

And again....very very impressive! You nailed those A chord flourishes. Beautiful. Great harmonies. The slide work was very subtle and too buried to really hear them. A very tough song to play and sing but you seem to do it with ease!

jayswett

Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Well done, Al. I can see that you have changed things a bit with avoiding the brief Em (after the A) in the verse. I would not have noticed it had I not also been working on this song. Did you add a lead guitar bit as well as the vocal harmony?

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 pm

So very, very laid back, Al ... a sure cure for migraines and stiff necks caused by the rat-race.

Also a fine case-study technically. Man, that was nice !

Pierre

Craig

Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Al, I knew you were going to be all over this when I read your response when the lesson was posted! I didn't know you would nail it this fast though! Wow. Very impressive work. You seem to have a knack for those JT-ish signature moves. Nice work.

Craig

Music Junkie

Tue May 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Al:

Beautifully played. You have become a very good overall performer. Very nice voice for this tune.... ;)

J

willem

Wed May 16, 2012 12:35 am

really,really good Al..a favo of mine too but have trouble all over the place,,really,really great Al..

Willem

AcousticAl

Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 am

Matt- Cheers! Nuff said.

Bob- I do love those clapping hands. :)

Buddy- Thanks for your comment. I know you're a JT fan too, and I've enjoyed your uploads of his songs as well.

Daryl- Good point about the slide-work. I threw it in at the last minute and didn't really work at it much. I'll probably re-record that track and upload a new version to my YouTube channel.

pbraun

Wed May 16, 2012 6:00 am

Well Al , I think you have channeled yet another artist! Very well done, sure didn't take you long to nail this one down!
Pete

AcousticAl

Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 am

Jay- Very observant. I found it tough to change quick enough from the A to Em chord. So I simplified the change and just used my middle finger on the D-string (fretting E). I only strum the bottom 4 strings and it works ok.
Re. the lead guitar- yes, I added the slide guitar part during the bridge.
Re. the vocals- I multi-tracked the harmonies if that's what you're asking.

Pierre- Thanks. I tend to gravitate more towards these types of mellow songs. Probably because I enjoy fingerpicking I guess.

Craig- Thanks for commenting. I still need to work on smoothing out a few 'JT signature moves', but I'm happy with where it's at so far.

Jason- These vocals are probably the closest to 'my range'. I do like the Neil Young songs- but they are definitely a stretch for me!

Willem- This is a difficult song- especially to try to sing at the same time. The vocals don't always go where you think they should. Keep at it and it will click eventually.

Pete- Thanks for checking it out!

haoli25

Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 am

WOW, Al. That was fantastic. You did an amazing job with the playing, singing, harmony, and mixing. That is one of those videos you have to go back and watch over and over again. It is more enjoyable each time I watch it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bill (and Bob R.)

Image Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic