Busking James Taylor

AcousticAl

Wed May 16, 2012 10:11 am

haoli25 wrote:
WOW, Al. That was fantastic. You did an amazing job with the playing, singing, harmony, and mixing. That is one of those videos you have to go back and watch over and over again. It is more enjoyable each time I watch it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bill (and Bob R.)

Image Image

There's those crazy hands!

Now how do I tell whose is whose? Is Bob on the left or right?

Lavallee

Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Al, you always impress me with the quality of your playing and how fast you learn. Marvelous production, I like the quiet slide you added and the excellent harmonies.

Marc

suziko

Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 am

Al,

That was great!! Loved your harmonies especially, but I thought your playing, both the main bit and the slide guitar, and your singing were all excellent. I'm sure Helen was touched to have you learn that. It's a beautiful song. I'm impressed that you learned it so quickly!

Suzi

dennisg

Thu May 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Al,

Here's the highest praise I can give you for that effort: it was positively Ness-ish. Absolutely gorgeous playing; really a terrific performance all around.

beaker

Thu May 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Al, Great song! Well played. You are really quite a producer now! Pickin' singin' and slidin' all good! Beaker.

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Damned fine job Al! Like Bill said, this quality up-load has to be listened to again and again. There's a very authentic, laid-back feel you breath into this song and the recording quality, balance etc is just first class. Not to mention that it is so well played and sung. Just great!

AcousticAl

Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 am

Marc- I'm thinking the slide was 'quiet' because I don't know what I'm doing yet! I recorded another/different slide track in the following link if you want to hear it louder.. but maybe I should have kept in quiet :unsure:

Suzi- Thanks. It is a special song for us. I used it in our wedding video edit.

Dennis- Wow! I'll take Ness-ish anyday!!

Beaker- Thanks for checking it out. I've been enjoying your uploads as well.

Chris- Laid back is a good description. I'm not trying to force anything-- singing or guitar playing.

Lavallee

Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 am

Hi Al, you have a good musical instinct, the slide section is really good. That slide section definitely deserved to be louder as you brought it in that second video, you can be confident with it. The timing is excellent. I particularly enjoyed some of the high pitch notes that were in tune and more difficult to play. You play very well my friend. Just one note, it seems that the image is a bit out of sync now with the sound.

Thanks for this second shot.

Marc

AcousticAl

Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Marc- Thanks for the slide feedback. I didn't realize how difficult it actually is until I tried it. Very tough to get a clean sound without a buzz.
It also makes me appreciate Deuce's Led Zeppelin slide uploads even more now! As a matter of fact, I might have to go watch his videos again (to steal shamelessly from them, of course!)

willem

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:47 am

A time back I upload only the playing for review which I hope I get,,now I work a lot on adding the lyricks,,well you know when the cam is running the legs go shaking a bit and the playing is a bit diffrent,,so many things to think at,,here it is ''you can close your eyes''

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic