Busking James Taylor

BobR

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Willem,

Well done and very nice to see your progress on this song.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

willem

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 pm

tgvanessa wrote:
Hi Willem, I think you did a lovely job here! Really like your vocals and relaxed picking and strumming. I actually thought you did well on the transition to that Bm, quite controlled, putting the index down first (play the bassnote) and then adding your other fingers.

I checked my thread when I asked all of you to tell me your weak and strong points and you said that 'playing in time' is your weakest point. And the thing that you really should work on is indeed the timing. So again, the metronome should become your best friend. You can play all the right notes, but if it's not in time, then......

You say, 'I lose the tik tak when I play with a metronome' , you also said, you don't practice that enough as well. So i'd strongly encourage you, WHATEVER you play, play WITH a metronome, even if you think you don't need it. Make a habit of it, let it indeed become your new Best Friend!! Your body just needs to ALWAYS 'feel' where the beats are no matter what you play. The metronome will help you with that. Make your weakest point your strongest point.......and start with this TODAY! :)

Good luck Willem!

Ness
Vanessa I totally agree with your points and love this support,,WOW never thought you came back on my confessioin,,Its all true and I will try try try and try and hope it will be mine strongest point,,I never think I don't need it,,its more of getting crazy so to say,,,today I worked on that song and count in the head measer by measer..

Willem

willem

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:15 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi Willem,

Well done and very nice to see your progress on this song.

Thanks for sharing

Bob
Thanks Bob,,its a nice song and I did'nt found it so difficult in the guitarplaying(only the play it all in time thing),,,so if you like it you should try it...

Willem

Music Junkie

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Willem:

That is one of my favorite JT songs, and you did it some justice.... :) I would also agree with Dennis' comment about the added difficulty of the language barrier (although it did not seem like much of a barrier for you). I was fascinated by your picking/strumming control, and think you have gotten that down very well as of late. That is something that still eludes me. Also, as far as camera nerves, you seemed very relaxed and comfortable. Overall, this song is coming along quite nicely for you, and you should be very proud of your progress. For the record, a picking transition from Em to Bm is a tough one. There is a song that I have been working on for quite some time now that has this transition, and I can NEVER seem to get it down smoothly. Sweet job Willem! B) B)

Jason

willem

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Willem:

That is one of my favorite JT songs, and you did it some justice.... :) I would also agree with Dennis' comment about the added difficulty of the language barrier (although it did not seem like much of a barrier for you). I was fascinated by your picking/strumming control, and think you have gotten that down very well as of late. That is something that still eludes me. Also, as far as camera nerves, you seemed very relaxed and comfortable. Overall, this song is coming along quite nicely for you, and you should be very proud of your progress. For the record, a picking transition from Em to Bm is a tough one. There is a song that I have been working on for quite some time now that has this transition, and I can NEVER seem to get it down smoothly. Sweet job Willem! B) B)

Jason

Man Jason,,thank you very much..since I am here on TG I listen every American and Englisch movie on the telly to the language and I don't look anymore to the translation script..lol

Edit: I must also confess that we sing a lot in Englisch with in my choir and we work hard on the pronunciation but i guess you can always hear an Dutch accent..

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Not much to add from me Willem..

Just that I enjoyed seeing your progress with this upload.
And I think you've got a great, relaxed vibe happening.. which is important with ALL J.T. songs.

willem

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:07 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Not much to add from me Willem..

Just that I enjoyed seeing your progress with this upload.
And I think you've got a great, relaxed vibe happening.. which is important with ALL J.T. songs.

Thanks Al,,,its allright,,,,goodluck with ''let it be'' can't wait to see someting from you..

Willem

dekotaj

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Hey Willem,whats up.

Man what a great tune by one of my fav. singer song writers. Thanks for posting it. Enjoyed watching you play. looking forward to many more from you brother.BRAVO!!

Kev

willem

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:01 am

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Willem,whats up.

Man what a great tune by one of my fav. singer song writers. Thanks for posting it. Enjoyed watching you play. looking forward to many more from you brother.BRAVO!!

Kev

Thanks Kevin,,I am glad you enjoyed it,,,still working on it..

Willem

dekotaj

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:13 pm

Hey Willem

I really enjoy the way your Taylor song played out. I would like to learn it, but can't find any were to buy a single song. You can buy packs but I see no were to buy singles songs. Do you know if one can??? If so leave me a link please.

Here is the Taylor song that I put up when I had it about half way done.Got it finished so though I would put it back up. Don't feel like you have to leave a comment.

Thanks Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic