Busking Paul Simon

dsmarion

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:55 am

Hey George,

Very nice playing and singing! Your picking seems very smoothe (better if I could see it lol). I never fingerpicked before coming here, was more of an electric classic rock guy years ago when I last played before a very long layoff (bad idea). I sure wish I had the long fingers and the reach you seem to have and make look so easy. Small hands sure make it tougher believe me. Thanks for sharing.

Oh and I love the sound of your Taylor! Tha definitely is my next guitar. What model is that?

Scott

shargram

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks Bill, very much appreciated.This is probably my favourite song by Paul Simon.

shargram

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks Scott, much appreciated.ALL Taylor's are awesome guitars, I should know, I have 3 of them.

haoli25

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 am

That Takamine of yours sounds pretty good too, George. :)

Bill

shargram

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 am

haoli25 wrote:
That Takamine of yours sounds pretty good too, George. :)

Bill
Thanks Bill, much appreciated.I like my Takamine a lot as well as my Taylors.It has a great pick-up system on board and a really hany on board tuner, which is a great help.I wonder why Taylor have'nt thought of that yet.

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks

shargram

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello George

That was beautiful... How long have you been playing?

I have watched quite a few of your videos now, they are all entertaining.
Have you any advise to share regarding learning to play guitar and sing
or do you not really think about it?

Thanks

Dermot

:cheer: :cheer:
Thanks Dermot, much appreciated.I've been playing about 35 years now and still learning.Over the years I quickly found out that sheet music was'nt for me.I develped a really good ear and can now figure out just about anything after I've heard it a few times.Sheet music tends not to take into account whether a capo is being used and the chords therefore are not actually the ones being played.When I learn a song, the acid test for me is can I play along with the record.If I can, I've learned it.This learning by ear is not for everyone and it does take time to develop, but it's worth it as you will save a fortune on sheet music.Guitar tabs are great however, but even they dont teach you tempo or phrasing, or if there'e a pause in the song, you really have to take the tab in conjuction with the record to get it just so.I hope this answers your question.Don't hesitate to ask any question, I am on this site to contribute as much as I can.

George

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks

Chasplaya

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Nicely played George. However, given this is a educational site as well as entertaining it would be really useful to see both hands in the videos. That looks as if it might be a challenge for the right hand.

I envy you being able to learn by ear, I struggle with that. I don't find Guitar Pro tabs difficult the tempo function on it is quite good these days. Were you self taught or did you have lessons?

rdowner

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Very, very nice. You should feel good about your abilities. It has a very nice cadence to it. Bravo.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic