Collaboration of Wagon Wheel

lueders

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
I know I keep saying this, but this site just keeps getting better and better!! Wow wasn't that fantastic, the whole deal, the fact you guys got together, the playing, the singing, the different instruments and the obvious fun you all had.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Good on ya mates!!

I missed another one... I gotta quit doing this on my I phone...number 1: my fingers are too fat for the keys...and number 2: I miss thanking people like you who write nice comments ! Thank you, Captain NZ...or should I say Captain Kiwi? that sounds even cooler.

dsmarion

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 am

Wow, a surpirse is such an understatement! I was shocked a little even seeing how you all got together without a whisper that it was going to happen. You keep a secret well I see. And y'all are having way to much fun!

Scott

lueders

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:43 am

dsmarion wrote:
Wow, a surpirse is such an understatement! I was shocked a little even seeing how you all got together without a whisper that it was going to happen. You keep a secret well I see. And y'all are having way to much fun!

Scott
Thanks Scott! I didn't wanna be the one to let the cat outta the bag those two would have kicked my butt! Lol!

wammer

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 am

With tears of of joy and jealousy all I can come up with is Awesome

reiver

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 am

Both of these vids are a lot of fun - looks like you were all having a fabulous time. Special mention for Suzi's singing, but all round stellar performances by all three of you.

Congratulations.

Stuart

lueders

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 am

wammer wrote:
With tears of of joy and jealousy all I can come up with is Awesome
On behalf of one/third of the group...thank you, kindly Tammy! This collab got me looking at other past collabs...and the ones of you Al doing: "country roads" & concrete blondes "joey' really, really blow me away! Your voice is so 'there'...ya know? It's so totally strong & powerful...really resonant. Love those!

lueders

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:30 pm

reiver wrote:
Both of these vids are a lot of fun - looks like you were all having a fabulous time. Special mention for Suzi's singing, but all round stellar performances by all three of you.

Congratulations.

Stuart
Thanks a lot...Stuart! I guess you slipped in before I was typing back wammer....earlier today.

We sure could have used your harmonica playing on "down by the water!!" I bought a Bb harmonica & everything...but alas could not play it...:) But, boy you could of if you were there or pretending to be there. lol! This experience has made me re-watch you and Suzi's "june hymn" several times. You both did an amazing, amazing job on that...I had almost forgot how amazing!!! And the more I hear June Hymn, I almost think you could make a case for that being the band's best song. It really is a memorable well-crafted tune. My favorites have always been Engine Driver & This Is Why We Fight...not sure why? Not that I am knocking DBTW or any of their others...but June Hymn is really growing on me. And honest to goodness i still like your cover every bit as much when the decemberists do it. thanks, Stuart!

jayswett

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:20 pm

This was truly a very pleasant surprise, and a wonderful treat for all of your friends here at TG. Well done, and kudos to all three of you. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

MarkM

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Holy Smokes!!!!! I can't tell you all how big of a smile I had watching this. I'm finally getting caught up on TG here in Dallas this evening and this was such a nice surprise. Man that was great!!!

Ness that is so cool of you to come to the US and show up on this video. I'm jealous!! Banjo huh? Who knew. Great addition to this song. I don't think there is anything left you could do to surprise me at this point. A pleasure to watch as always.

Cori that was some pretty mean play'n there. I've just got to get me one of those. I just wouldn't know what to do with those extra strings. Very tasteful playing there. It totally brought the song home for me. Great job!!

Suzi. Well what can I say? Hands down this is my favorite performance by you. You looked and sounded so comfortable and happy playing this with your two friends there. It was just magical to watch you. Your voice on this was superb. Although you have played more difficult songs on the guitar this was, to me, your best performance. Great strumming and the sound was perfect.

I'm as green as our friend down under. What a wonderful performance by all three of you. Thanks so miuch for sharing this with us.

MarkM

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic