Collaboration of Wagon Wheel

suziko

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Well, I’m betting some of you will find this collaboration a surprise! This week I have the opportunity to host Vanessa at my house here in Madison, Wisconsin. The two of us became friends about a year ago here on TG and we were very excited to have the chance to meet each other in real life. She flew in from The Netherlands last night and will be staying with me until Friday morning. Today our fellow TG friend Cori (Lueders) drove up from Illinois to join us for an afternoon of music and a lot of laughs. He was gracious enough to bring several of his instruments with him for us to play around with, and Vanessa was the good sport who agreed to play the banjo in this song. We had a lot of fun recording this song, Wagon Wheel (inspired by the Old Crow Medicine Show version), and the 2nd collaboration song (which I’ll upload later), and I hope you enjoy watching them.

Collaboration of Cori, Ness and Suzi Wagon Wheel:

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

haoli25

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:22 pm

I am speechless. That was SOOOO much fun to watch. Great job ladies and gentleman.

Bill Image

millponddave

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:55 pm

How cool was that ! That looked like so much fun. I am truly envious. Great job, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Dave

Craig

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 pm

That looked like a GREAT time! Nice job on the song. I'm really happy for you three that you could get together.
Craig

coomba

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Very nice
You all do look like your having fun, and it was fun to watch.
Music really does bring people together.
Cheers
Scott

tovo

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 pm

That is without doubt Suzi your most polished performance. I would venture to suggest that playing with 2 such accomplished musicians in Ness and Cori has helped you raise the bar considerably. (Please take the positive from that comment...there is no suggestion on my part that you are not a good player yourself).

lueders

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 am

A little about the collaboration(s) & groovy adventures that led up to them...

I was super psyched when I heard about the possibility of our "much loved" ness (Vanessa) coming stateside to stay with our "equally much loved" hostess suziko (Susie). Naturally, I was thrilled to be invited to participate...

So, I did my part...First, I ate lots of donuts and twinkies to get into tip- top shape for the event. (Note to self: lose some weight you puffy tugboat... you look the Bad Year Blimp...the weight gain in 4 or 5 months time is alarming...but I digress)
Secondly, I subjected these two kind souls to many, many poorly-played practice films of mandolin & banjo clips. Not surprisingly the ladies were supportive, positive...and the all-around good eggs we have come to know.

I hope what you see & hear is 3 people that just had a blast playing music!!! Honest to goodness I don't know when I have had this much fun! (These two are great human beings I can't say it enough.)

I looked over at the two of them (in between making my goofy faces...and generally looking constipated) & was just totally lost in the moment. Here were these great friends that live across the ocean from one another...harmonizing together so nice & sweetly! They were having the time of their lives...About that time I heard Vanessa singing about all American locales like: Roanoke, Philly, Johnson City- Tennessee & North Carolina...and I thought ya know this is really great...T.G. is responsible for this.

Vanessa was like what I called a "mother hen" throughout the proceedings...whether it was helping me with my timing or
helping suz fine tune her vocals...b.t.w. they sure sound great to me. (Way to go!) Yep, playing music with these two will surely make ya better...the distance between is such a shame! I wish we could do this again next month!... (DAMN ATLANTIC OCEAN!) Anyways, Vanessa...what a good egg she is!!! I mean what can you say about her...she's one of a kind! Suzie was/is the perfect hostess. She is every bit the natural born: empathetic. emotionally intelligent mediating type person she seems to be!! Frankly I think her ever-increasing talents are quite evident from these collabs. I believe she is way, way better than she thinks she is.

These two are just amazing people & I am much better off for having met them!
Thank you so much for including me ladies! (Wouldn't have traded the trip for anything!)

My roadtrip to Wisconsin started off with a good omen...everywhere I looked I was passing semi-trucks (at least 10 or 12) emblazoned with the letters: H-O-G-A-N...it was a T.G. kinda day...and a sign of good things to come.

Ladies thanks for letting me be a part of this! I probably could have sat there, (like a gelatinous slug) all night listening to you two harmonize!...

P.S. I got lost coming home...should've of got a GPS, Suz! LOL!

Cori

Lavallee

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:34 am

Guys what a great collaboration you did.It is really fun to watch. Ness this is fantastic that you decided to visit Suzi. I am sure she was thrilled to have you around.The banjo, another instrument you can play and very well. Suzi you have this addictive smile that I am sure makes everybody feel at home. You seem to have so much fun playing and signing.. You look as comfortable as if you have been playing this song for years. Cori no matter what you say, you did a great job with that mandolin, a natural with multiple instruments. I am sure you must be a lot of fun.

Nothing like meeting other people with the same interest.

Marc

michelew

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:01 am

Suzi, Nessa, Cori,

OMG!!!! :):):):):):):):):) that was just SO much fun. I can't stop smiling. I LOVED it and I'm sure going to watch it again on the big screen (rather than my phone) when I get home. You look as if you've all been playing together for years. I was imagining you sitting on a porch looking at the sun setting and playing as happy as Larry (he must be one happy dude).

Banjo-van-Nessa - my favourite super-hero :) So awesome, yet another instrument under your fingers played with just the right sensitivity and intensity, no sweat. Amazing and you always make it looks so easy. I love your sweet harmonies as always.
Cori - fabulous fills man, really pretty. It's teasing me to go for the tight little strings too.
Suzi - OMG woman where have you been hiding that great voice? Whatever you've been doing vocally is ABSOLUTELY working for you. I love it. And your playing is so relaxed and cheery and just downright perfect.

The energy and atmosphere and smiles and connection just blew me away. What a team.

I'm still smiling. :):):):):):):):):) WOW!!!!

I LOVE It and I can't wait to see the next one.

Talk about a treat. Woo hoo!! Well that made my afternoon. :)

Still smiling.

Love

Shel

willem

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 am

What's that Suzi and Cori ? making music with our great Nessie,,,well what a super big suprise and not only that Vanessa is there with you I'm more suprised on how great you played together,,really,really enjoyed that...i can understand that this may be continued till 2013...yeah an whole year,,

have fun you hear..

W.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic