Collaboration of Wagon Wheel

lueders

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:46 pm

Jay- thank you for your kind words... It was a lot of fun to be a part of it.

Dermot-thank you so much. Like I said above it was just great to be there.

Mark-wow, man...gee, I guess you liked it. I would agree with everything you said about those two cool chiquitas. Particularly about this being some of suzi's best vocals...she was in a zone, man! Although, the now famous, June Hymn upload evidenced some pretty tight vocals too I thought! And Vanessa, yeah I mean what can you say she is a force of nature. Thank you for the kind words about the mandolin being tasteful... I was happy to hear that. :) :)

pbraun

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

This was fantistic. Three instrustments! Wow
Pete

lueders

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm

pbraun wrote:
This was fantistic. Three instrustments! Wow
Pete
Glad you enjoyed that, Pete. & thank you.

snipe

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 pm

I loved it!!! you guys did a great job on a great song.. Im surprised you found this gem anyway. you did it justice. Cori.. i luved the Mandolin.. great job!

Michael T

ncsurfer

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Excellent.! I enjoyed every second of it!

lueders

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:54 am

N.C.: great, glad you enjoyed it man!

Pete: thank you very much, sir!

Mike: thanks a lot snipster!! Been a missin you around these parts! Glad to see yer a still kickin'. ..
Glad you liked the mandolin, buddy! Thanks, means a lot!

suziko

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks so much to everyone for their very kind comments. Usually I try to respond to everyone personally, but with hosting all week, I fell behind on that. Thanks, Cori, for taking care of that for us. I took Ness to the airport this morning and she will be back in Holland by tomorrow. I wrote a proper thank you and write-up in the "Visiting TG Friends" thread.

Suzi

songman52

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:23 am

Great job and great fun! It was fun just to watch the three of you having a good time; it WAS obvious that you were having a good time. I wasn't familiar with the song but I really enjoyed it.
As others have said, I too am envious. Wish I could meet lots of the TGers and get a chance to sit around and jam. A couple of years ago when I met Bear it really was a magical kind of thing. Marc has been in Houston a couple of times but we haven't met up yet. Maybe next time.
Anyway, glad you could get together and really glad you posted the two videos. I liked the playing, the singing, the harmony, the mandolin and banjo, just everything. But I especially enjoyed the smiles.

Jerry

lueders

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:01 am

songman52 wrote:
Great job and great fun! It was fun just to watch the three of you having a good time; it WAS obvious that you were having a good time. I wasn't familiar with the song but I really enjoyed it.
As others have said, I too am envious. Wish I could meet lots of the TGers and get a chance to sit around and jam. A couple of years ago when I met Bear it really was a magical kind of thing. Marc has been in Houston a couple of times but we haven't met up yet. Maybe next time.
Anyway, glad you could get together and really glad you posted the two videos. I liked the playing, the singing, the harmony, the mandolin and banjo, just everything. But I especially enjoyed the smiles.

Jerry
Hello Jerry,

Thanks you very much, sir. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! (Well I hope you enjoyed watching & listening to it at least a 1000th as much as we did doing it.) And, I certainly hope you get the opportunity to jam with anyone of your choosing...in the near future.
I am glad you posted this actually... because I'd like to take this opportunity to say once, again, how phenomenal I thought your post with Bear was. The harmonies, the playing, and the HUGE sparkling sound of that 12!( Besides, none of us would have ever even seen/heard Bear play if it wasn't for you. lol!) You guys just did an awesome, awesome job! How you guys were able to get that kind of thunderous lush soundscape in the middle of a city park is beyond me!!! Now that i got it figured out... I put that sucker on my TG collab CD...N.W. too! I love to listen to em both!

Cori

Hydroman52

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Nice job on the songs you all posted. Looks like a lot of fun. I really like this song.

Would have been nice to spin down to Mad Town and see all of you, but was suddenly inundated for the past couple of weeks with things that needed to get off my desk and out into the world. And to think I've even got a guitar ready to pick up at Spruce Tree Music on the east side to sweeten the pot. Thanks for posting this.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic