Collaboration of Down by the Water

songman52

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am

Good on you guys, lots of fun. Wish there were members closer to me to get together with!

Good friends, good music, good fun - doesn't get much better!

Jerry

jayswett

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:17 am

That was another wonderful performance. Suzi, I'd like to play that at our open mic on Saturday. Any chance you could send me the chords? You have my home email.
Jay

thereshopeyet

Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks

lueders

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks everyone for all your generous comments on this tune. Thanks a heap you're all good folks!

P.S. Ladies this one is growing on me...I think we might of done okay on this even with my little flub in there...

millponddave

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Well another great performance. Maybe someday we'll get some TGer's out here in the west together for some musical fun.

Dave

suziko

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks so much to everyone for their very kind comments. I appreciate that Cori did the heavy-lifting on the "thank yous" this time. Ness just left today and I'm finally getting catching up on all the things I let slide during the week. I wrote a proper thank you and write-up in the "Visiting TG Friends" thread.

Suzi

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Hey all, you must understand that going from C to G instead of from C to Em is really nót a take you want to have. So yeah, we did another take! :P

Still looking back on it and Cori's 'way to go Vanessa' makes me laugh big time every time I see it or think about it, haha! :laugh: :laugh:

And Cori, i really loved your mandoline parts in this one. I'm mentioning it since quite a bit you made up yourself. When I hear the song in my head now, I also hear your mandoline! ;)

Also the 'screwed up' at the end of the video.....Suzi had reminded us befóre this take not to say ánything before she would turn off the camera. And there goes Cori 'now guess who screwed up?! Didn't you hear that???!' hahaha, it's hilarious to me when watching it, also because of our (Suzi and I) facial expressions to that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well as you can imagine, we just had a blast and so much fun, priceless as Chas said!!!!

Thank you so much all, you're all just great! :)

Ness

lueders

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Oh, geez was this the take...that we had the wrong changes on? haaa haa...oh well, it's good enough for rock n' roll! LOL!
EDIT: Ah, I guess you were referring to the outtake...

Wow, Vanessa I was blown away by your mandolin comment!!! You NOW hear that as part of the song now? Wowsers, that is quite a compliment INDEED !! That solo part was 98-99 percent yours...I just transposed your notes ya know? I will admit that the mando part(s) are growing on me, for sure! But, in that first chorus I'm just a hamster hair ahead of where I need to be...I'm stepping on you two a little too much...as the song goes on it gets better. For the most part, it fit fairly well...and the little flub isn't even that noticeable if I hadn't opened my BIG mouth!!! And, you're totally right...Suzi's & Your reaction to it was hilarious.

I was just thinking: "Ah, heck we'll just edit some of this stuff out," Ha, ha,ha.ha!!! She hid her annoyance & frustration @ me pretty well! LOL! Sorry Suz!!

Anyways, Awesome...Awesome!!!

Toodles!

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Sounds to me like you guys had played this song together MANY times before. All three of you really sounded good.

Re. The outtake- its nice to see that even Ness makes mistakes on guitar. :laugh:

suziko

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Re. The outtake- its nice to see that even Ness makes mistakes on guitar.

Al, I totally agree! It was a relief to me to see that even Ness periodically forgets what chord to go to, or can't find her melody note, although, in truth, it doesn't happen all that often. She's quite a pro.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic