Busking Adele

buddy

Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Here is Rolling in the Deep by Adele. I had some fun with this used an old guitar as a drum to add some percussion to this song. This song has a really neat, palm muted beat to it. Apologies for as I and the camera to high and it cut off my right hand.

Let me know what you think would help move it along.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

willem

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 am

WOW BUDDY,,you taked your lesson I like that you do this song as a male(which key you play??) well as a strong singer you can do this song i geuss

for the song: the only thing i can suggest is that when starting the song start a litlle litller just for a while more or only percusive playing on the guitar and singin,,listen to the song(i know you did) or some vids on YT..

I like the black frasing on you vid...

W.

daryl

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:55 am

Buddy I don't know this song....but you asked what would help move it along.....you obviously know how to multitrack....and given your guitar is capo'd quite high up the neck....I suggest you attempt to add a simple bass part to fill out the bottom. Just record your 6 string playing the bass part and then drop the audio track by 12 half-steps or an octave.

rapsidy

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:01 am

hey buddy

I just love how you tackle a song and make it your own, how do you manage to learn songs so quickly????

THe guitar and "drum" sounded really cool fitted in well

vocally i liked the way you made it your song, Adelle is well Adelle she is just an amazing voice and once you hear her its a tough asked to compare when you have her version going through your head lol

her songs are a bit depressing though lol

i like what you do good stuff your a one man band now

Brad

tombo1230

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Buddy,
great job. I agree with Daryl on filling in the base, good suggestion. This could also be done with more of a driving drum beat to make it more 'rock 'N' roll.'

Taking it to the next level I would love to hear one or possibly two backing singers in the background, probably making it less 'rocky,' this would be very high and difficult to sing for anyone as it is even higher than Adele sings it, but that would be awesome! in my mind. Just a couple of ideas I can hear after listening to your rendition. B) :)

Cheers,

Tom.

buddy

Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:13 pm

willem wrote:
WOW BUDDY,,you taked your lesson I like that you do this song as a male(which key you play??) well as a strong singer you can do this song i geuss

for the song: the only thing i can suggest is that when starting the song start a litlle litller just for a while more or only percusive playing on the guitar and singin,,listen to the song(i know you did) or some vids on YT..

I like the black frasing on you vid...

W.
Willem, Thanks much for the comments and the suggestions. I do feel that the Totally Vocals lessons have really helped me. I capoed up to the seventh frett so that would 3 1/2 steps up and the song I believe is in the key of Am

Bud

buddy

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm

daryl wrote:
Buddy I don't know this song....but you asked what would help move it along.....you obviously know how to multitrack....and given your guitar is capo'd quite high up the neck....I suggest you attempt to add a simple bass part to fill out the bottom. Just record your 6 string playing the bass part and then drop the audio track by 12 half-steps or an octave.
Thanks much for the comments and the suggestions as well Daryl.

MarkM

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Buddy,

Wow!! Outstanding sound quality to this. I'm listening with headphones in yet another hotel room and this really came out sweet. Great job with the multitracking and percussion. Very impressive.

MarkM

buddy

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:26 am

rapsidy wrote:
hey buddy

I just love how you tackle a song and make it your own, how do you manage to learn songs so quickly????

THe guitar and "drum" sounded really cool fitted in well

vocally i liked the way you made it your song, Adelle is well Adelle she is just an amazing voice and once you hear her its a tough asked to compare when you have her version going through your head lol

her songs are a bit depressing though lol

i like what you do good stuff your a one man band now

Brad
Brad, Thanks so much. I really appreciate your comments here and really glad you enjoyed this. One thing I do to help me stay motivated in learning songs is to learn songs that I really like and connect with. Some songs I will learn just to pick up a new technique bu if I did that all the time I would get really burned out on the guitar.

thanks for listening,

Bud

buddy

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:30 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Buddy,
great job. I agree with Daryl on filling in the base, good suggestion. This could also be done with more of a driving drum beat to make it more 'rock 'N' roll.'

Taking it to the next level I would love to hear one or possibly two backing singers in the background, probably making it less 'rocky,' this would be very high and difficult to sing for anyone as it is even higher than Adele sings it, but that would be awesome! in my mind. Just a couple of ideas I can hear after listening to your rendition. B) :)

Cheers,

Tom.
Tom, I appreciate the you comments and suggestions. I will try to get a full choir to back me up on this one. :laugh:

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic