Busking Michelle

daryl

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 pm

michelew wrote:
Daryl,

I understand. I think it's a matter of just fake it until you make it.

I'll make you a deal, if you reduce your headless videos, I'll try and look at the camera and, heaven forbid, try to smile. :) :)

BTW - I was aiming for silly in my comment, but I think I achieved mean. Sorry about that.
Maybe you and I should do some kind of duet! I'll have my guys talk to your guys. ;)

And you could NEVER achieve mean. Everyone at TG knows that (including me). Thank you for being you!

michelew

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:20 pm

daryl wrote:
michelew wrote:
Daryl,

I understand. I think it's a matter of just fake it until you make it.

I'll make you a deal, if you reduce your headless videos, I'll try and look at the camera and, heaven forbid, try to smile. :) :)

BTW - I was aiming for silly in my comment, but I think I achieved mean. Sorry about that.
Maybe you and I should do some kind of duet! I'll have my guys talk to your guys. ;)

And you could NEVER achieve mean. Everyone at TG knows that (including me). Thank you for being you!
Thank you. And you're ON... ...oh....aaaaaasrhh and just FYI - I'm running reeeeeeeally late on my assignment (and another commitment) and if I don't hand that one in at some point soon Coach will probably make me do endless laps and push-ups for penance (or the guitar equivalent). :) :) B) :P Luckily I'm on leave soon and in a week or so I'll be able to hit the strings again.

M.

tombo1230

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Great production Daryl, enjoyed both versions, your timing seemed pretty good to my ears, not to mention your multi-layered sound and vision, very cool! B) I like the idea of thickening the sound, I think it is sometimes neccessary and you made yourself in this case a one man band. I like having the sound with layers that compliment and harmonize and you achieved that nicely. I know the work you have put in to this video and it has paid off very handsomely.

Well done!

Tom N.

dekotaj

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 am

HEY Daryl-BRAVO!!!

Have a great Christmas my friend!

Kev

shargram

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 am

Great job Daryl, on this masterpiece from The Beatles.Pity there is no vocal but that does'nt detract from your playing.I think there is one chord could be altered and it's in the chorus at "That's all I want to say".I think it's an Eb7sus4.
George

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:26 pm

I really liked Daryl's guitar parts on this song and as we share a Dorpbox I was able to grab the backing and add my own vocal in secret... the phantom strikes again! So here's my one-take shot, quasi live version, no frills.

PS: Now I just heard from Daryl that John Hall is working on the vocals to this so here's a big shout out to John... Make sure you upload your work as you da man when it comes to vocals and I have no problem being eclipsed by your wonderful work... none at at all! I suspected something was in the pipeline, which is why I went for a 1 take job.

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I really liked Daryl's guitar parts on this song and as we share a Dorpbox I was able to grab the backing and add my own vocal in secret... the phantom strikes again! So here's my one-take shot, quasi live version, no frills.

PS: Now I just heard from Daryl that John Hall is working on the vocals to this so here's a big shout out to John... Make sure you upload your work as you da man when it comes to vocals and I have no problem being eclipsed by your wonderful work... none at at all! I suspected something was in the pipeline, which is why I went for a 1 take job.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

VERY NICE Chris. I am, once again, officially jealous of your singing voice. Being able to share music like this back and forth across such distances and through such a great community is truly something that I am thankful for.... B) B)

Great job you guys!

MJ

daryl

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Chris that was really really nice. And John, please don't hesitate with your upload. Though we all love Chris we love you TOO!

dennisg

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Terrific job on this, guys. Most impressive.

BobR

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:26 pm

Daryl / Chris,

Fabulous performance guys :woohoo:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic