Collaboration of Silent Night

willem

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:55 am

Collaboration of Tom,Claire,Willem Silent Night:

Yes I enjoy the day's before Christmas and that is learning a view songs and being prepared when the day's coming..
I had with Tom(Tombo1230) some contact for a Xmas collab and then we all know he got an injury with sporting,then I came a ware he want to do this song with Claire his daughter but he could'nt play with his injury,,,after doing my contribute on the first one I thought I go learn this song so we could do an upload from it..

I want to give all the honor to Tom for the great editing and Claire for the beautiful singin..

The song is in G,,I play it kinda slow but I was meaning to do that so Claire could sing beautiful long notes..

This gave me a lot of happiness and thanks Tom and Claire !!

For TG also thanks for making this all possible and i hope you enjoy..

Merry,merry Christmas when the day's are there..

Willem Netherlands.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:39 am

Absolutely wonderful. Great work all around. Willem nicely played. Claire angelic (especially the harmonies). Tom extremely impressive. How did you achieve the backing strings.

willem

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 am

daryl wrote:
Absolutely wonderful. Great work all around. Willem nicely played. Claire angelic (especially the harmonies). Tom extremely impressive. How did you achieve the backing strings.

Thanks Daryl,, I did'nt ask Tom yet a baut that backing strings but curious I am...it add so much more...Phantom strings Mmmmm.

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks

RicksPick

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 am

Very nice

Well done all round

RicksPick

Merry Xmas

wrench

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 am

That was an excellent video, both musically and visually. Now it feels like Christmas. Excellent job, folks.

michelew

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:54 am

Aaaah how lovely! :cheer:

Well done Willem and personally I wouldn't wanna hear this song faster than this...Claire, you can do no wrong girl, beautiful angelic vocals, great harmonies, loved hearing (and seeing) you again! Tom, another excellent job editing this, way to go! :)

cheers

Ness

tombo1230

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:07 am

willem wrote:
daryl wrote:

Thanks Daryl,, I did'nt ask Tom yet a baut that backing strings but curious I am...it add so much more...Phantom strings Mmmmm.
Hi Daryl and Willem,
All of the music you hear was played by Willem, including the 'Phantom strings,' There are no tracks added that he didn't play. The backing sounds were derived from his guitar sound. In total there are three tracks, one normal, one raised by an octave and adjusted to give the nice fill in Chrismassy drone in my DAW and one to add more bass, which was the normal guitar lowered by an octave. I used the plus one octave idea on a previous edit, It was just an idea I had and it worked. The lowered octave was just an extension of the same idea because I wanted some more bass, The bass is maybe more subtle or less obvious, but it definately adds something. It would be easy to over cook these additions and are really there embellishing Willems playing.

The background forest picture is a Jpeg that I added snow onto and some soft white shadowing at the edges. The snow was added using a program called After Effects, it is a pro animation package by Adobe.

Hope this helps demistify the process a little. :)

Cheers,

Tom.

willem

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:24 am

tombo1230 wrote:
willem wrote:
daryl wrote:

Hi Daryl and Willem,
All of the music you hear was played by Willem, including the 'Phantom strings,' There are no tracks added that he didn't play. The backing sounds were derived from his guitar sound. In total there are three tracks, one normal, one raised by an octave and adjusted to give the nice fill in Chrismassy drone in my DAW and one to add more bass, which was the normal guitar lowered by an octave. I used the plus one octave on a previous edit, It was just an idea I had and it worked. The lowered octave was just an extension of the same idea because I wanted some more bass, The bass is maybe more subtle or less obvious, but it definately adds something. It would be easy to over cook these additions and are really there embellishing Willems playing.

The background forest picture is a Jpeg that I added snow onto and some soft white shadowing at the edges. The snow was added using a program called After Effects, it is a pro animation package by Adobe.

Hope this helps demistify the process a little. :)

Cheers,

Tom.
I like the embellishment,,,I would never think of a octave - and + so I learn and will experiment with it... I wonder if this sort of things can if you life perform,,the last view day's I'm very amazed a baut looping systems not only in one of Al's house concerts but also here on the radio were two people did something with that

cosmicmechanic

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:48 am

Ahhhh ... that warm and fuzzy feeling :) :) ... very nice ! And it's the first light (and late) snow here near Montreal !

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic