Busking Day of Fire

dennisg

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:05 pm

There's a lot of nice stuff you did in the song, and I'm just impressed that you're even posting. Two suggestions that I think can help future postings:

1. Record indoors. While it's pleasant to look at Hawaii in the background, the wind noise is often very distracting. If you really want to record outdoors, take Buddy's suggestion and get a wind screen for the mic.

2. Move your singing voice from the back of your throat down to your diaphragm -- and I don't mean a birth-control device. Aside from Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie and Mark Knopfler, there aren't many singers who can get away with singing from the back of their throat. You'll get a lot more power and control by relocating your voice.

AndyT

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks Dennis. The sound quality was so bad I almost did not post them. But, I knew I needed to.
My next set of vids will be shot in the backyard. No picturesque views of Hawaii in the background, but very little wind.

All the vids I posted were shot with camera phones. Another reason the sound was so bad.
I'm thinking of a new camera that has a mic jack on it. In the meantime, I'll get my other one out and get a new memory stick for it.

I'm told that I try too hard to sing. It should be natural and I'm pushing it waay too hard to sound good. Something else I'm working on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic