Collaboration of Old Man

suziko

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:09 pm

This was fun to watch, guys. I've thought about learning this song for a while but kept thinking it was way too hard. I see I could maybe play a "campfire" version and do okay with it. Not sure I can handle the intro, but Marc did a great job with it. Great vocals, Al! This song sure does suit your voice (as (I think) Marc says at the end)!

MarkM

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:41 pm

As always, wonderful job everyone. This one was right in Al's wheelhouse. Looks nice an cozy in there by the tree.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:42 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Am just curious, what are all the things that you have to be aware of when playing with others?

Like me, I can go from C to G instead of going from C to Em just because I'm too aware of what is happening around me, there is actually proof of that! :laugh: :blush:

So, I can guess what you mean, since I agree, but again, just asking out of curiosity, what do you notice when playing with others?

AcousticAl wrote:

Such an eyeopener to play with others- as opposed to alone at home. So much more to be aware of
Many things come to mind, Ness..

You can't stop and start over when playing with others. Once you start- you need to keep going.
I become more nervous about messing up when playing with others, and it shows in my playing and singing.
You need to be aware of other people's playing, while being focused on your own as well. Their tempo vs. yours, volume etc.
That's what goes on in my mind anyways.
Singing while playing is not an automatic thing for me yet- and I still need to pay a lot of attention to chords and lyrics. Nothing is automatic for me yet.

willem

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:49 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Am just curious, what are all the things that you have to be aware of when playing with others?

Like me, I can go from C to G instead of going from C to Em just because I'm too aware of what is happening around me, there is actually proof of that! :laugh: :blush:

So, I can guess what you mean, since I agree, but again, just asking out of curiosity, what do you notice when playing with others?

AcousticAl wrote:

Such an eyeopener to play with others- as opposed to alone at home. So much more to be aware of
Many things come to mind, Ness..

You can't stop and start over when playing with others. Once you start- you need to keep going.
I become more nervous about messing up when playing with others, and it shows in my playing and singing.
You need to be aware of other people's playing, while being focused on your own as well. Their tempo vs. yours, volume etc.
That's what goes on in my mind anyways.
Singing while playing is not an automatic thing for me yet- and I still need to pay a lot of attention to chords and lyrics. Nothing is automatic for me yet.
Maybe the others at to listen to you,, I geuss they did,,doing three things thats a blast..

buddy

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm

This was very fun to watch. So much fun to jam with your friends and to get to know each other better.

Bud

millponddave

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:18 pm

I just love these collaborations.
Keep em' coming.

Dave

michelew

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Al, Marc, Pierre, Tammy,

Very nice!

I couldn't see any difficulties. It sounded good.

cool.

M.

dsmarion

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Hey TGers, I enjoyed watching that a lot! Nice job all around, Marc great job on the intro-outro, Pierre very nice smooth strumming, Al your voice is perfect for this song as others have noted, also nice job on the bridge and all-around playing, Tammy nice job on backing vocals. And also thanks to Chris for the videography (I am assuming it was you behind the camera). Nice way to start the new year!

Scott

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:06 pm

dsmarion wrote:
Hey TGers, I enjoyed watching that a lot! Nice job all around, Marc great job on the intro-outro, Pierre very nice smooth strumming, Al your voice is perfect for this song as others have noted, also nice job on the bridge and all-around playing, Tammy nice job on backing vocals. And also thanks to Chris for the videography (I am assuming it was you behind the camera). Nice way to start the new year!

Scott
I second all of that :)

I think it was Chris on video I'm sure I saw the reflection of his knees in Al's guitar :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:24 am

Great job guys! Looks like a lot of fun! At first I thought Tammy got bored and started thumbing through a photo album! LOL :laugh:
Well done by all!
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic