Collaboration-related question

willem

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
That's great Willem! :)

Alright, back to Billy Joel, 'Just the way you are' is mostly played in C3 and C4 (righthand)! ;)

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Well personally I had no idea about the 440HZ and what actual note that is on a guitar of a piano, I just know that my guitartuner has to be on that pitch, that's about it, haha! ;) :P

AndyT wrote:

Well I find very important to know real pitches,,maybe for practicing melody/vocal but now my keyboard is moved from the loft I think I use that for it and 'm also glad were my middle C is,,,all confusing are gone so I have more space in my head...lol

Thank you genius...
Have fun fun,,it is a blast over there,,,but I still wonder where Neils middle C is 'cos his Keyboard is broken..lol

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

I haven't jammed in ages but the thing that used to get me was tempo and all of us knowing the structure of the song.

Maybe if some of you TG'ers get down to NZ and visit I could answer this in more depth.

When I ran the work guitar club there were always issues to contend with; the evening would start by playing the song introduced the previo9us week, then a short technical/theory lesson, maybe a demo by someone, then intro a new song for next week for all to learn. Difficulties always arose with playing the songs as we had complete newbies to quite advanced players and both would get frustrated with each other at times.

dburns99

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:38 pm

I always make sure I'm one drink ahead of my jamming buddies.......then I have an excuse when I screw up. :)

Number one thing to always keep in mind ...at this point in the game you're never gonna be a rock star so just let 'er rip and who cares what it sounds like. As long as you're having fun that's all that matters.

lueders

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome dburns99! Glad you found the place. You might consider starting an introduction thread. (A little bit about yourself and your guitar/playing background)

Cori

Illinois, USA

dburns99

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Been playing since I was 12.....so..... hmmmmm gotta grab my phone to do the math....brb

Ok...apparently it's been 37 yrs. Man....I suck for having played that long.

lueders

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Sounds like you've got some serious experience there...There is actually an introduction thread under the main forum.(And you can click start a new thread) If and when you're ready...you might wanna share some other stuff like the town you are from, music you like, any guitar goals you might have etc.

I think you'll like it here! Good folks, great lessons, and Neil's instruction is world-class! Welcome!

dburns99

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Do you get a kick-back or sumpin' ? lol

Actually just here to check out the wamminator's vids.....it's way too late to try and teach me anything :)

lueders

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Tammy heh? well she has some good ones! She has a collaboration on here somewhere, where is doing a cover of Concrete Blonde's "Joey," I think it is just great! Nope, No kick-backs I'm afraid! lol! (either that or they've been holding out on me!)lol!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic