Collaboration of Teach Your Children

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for tuning in everyone.
Yes me on camera on this one (all the others were busy!) and yes we did swap guitars... well, at least I tried out Al's Martin and silent guitar which he kindly brought along. I loved both of them and I'd take either home with me given half the chance (seeing as I don't own a steel 6-string). I think there may be clips of me playing both in some of the out-takes. I also played Tammy's lovely Taylor and liked that too! Sweat and bright sound and I love the elixir strings. I think we have Pierre on bongos as well... somewhere. That was Pat on the buffet... its been like this for the last 10 days for me, I know I have your sympathies!

As to the time line Vanessa, everyone arrived on the Thursday around 17.00 hrs and we said our hellos and started setting up and played through til 23:30 hrs. All the visitors stayed at a nearby hotel over night. Not sure what order we did things in now but the day-time videos were probably filmed on the Friday morning. Apparently Al got everyone marshalled together and back at Pat's house for 10:00 AM start and we played through to 14:00 hrs as Tammy (and Al) had to drive through freezing rain on the home trip and didn't want to do that in the dark. Becky's boyfriend Dave joined us for the last hour on piano doing let it be and imagine... nice songs to end up on.

By the way Pierre and Marc, we're cracking open the champagne you brought today as its Pat & Caje's 41st anniversary... many thanks and cheers (Clicqout... the best!).

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks folks for the heads up ... I can see that you get it that the intention here is to share a good time, imperfections included (and I mean my own !).

We were not very disciplined B) playing in the evening (day 1), and were all over the place musically. When I hammed it up on "You Can't Always Get What You Want", Chris cracked me up, saying my voice had "just the right combination of pain and drugs" :laugh:
We were somewhat better behaved the next day, when (I think) most videos were recorded.

So far, I'm a bit intimidated when it comes to picking up a high-quality guitar that belongs to someone else ... I wouldn't want a scratch to be the reminder of 'lil old me for it's owner.
But it sure is educational to discuss and hear the differences in tonality of the instruments as we play together.

Sincere congratulations Pat & Caje ! 41st anniversary ! Sweet people ... may your light shine bright !
Oh, and count Marc in as a provider of the hootch you mentioned, Chris ... great that the genie is now out of the bottle :P

Pierre

michelew

Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Fun and cosy. It looks like a very nice time.

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:39 am

Absolutely freaking marvelous, greener than Tovo (who is MIA I might add) Great vocals all nicely played what a blast, and you are all spoiled with that food lol! Back to the gym today fellas!.

PS Congrats on the 41st good on ya Pat and Caje

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic