Busking 3 or 4 Chord Songs

Craig

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:04 am

I loved it Daryl! Great job. I also like when you include the lyrics and chords so I can play along with you some times!!!

Craig

tombo1230

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:22 am

Nice one Daryl! I really enjoyed that. More please, you've been quiet for tooooooo long. :( :P

Tom N.

Lavallee

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 am

Hey Daryl, good to see you, nice fun upbeat video. Good idea to post the lyrics and the chords

Marc

daryl

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:09 am

Willem - Thanks. Yep, a good energy song. Regarding the singing, I found an acapella group on YouTube. I'll try the mirror trick. I was hoping I could use some sort of software on my laptop to use my iPhone camera like a "security camera".

Chris - Thanks. Perfectly played? Not quite, but it was good enough. Regarding the "crisp timing" you just need to let go of that gentlemanly reserved demeanor you have and loosen up.

Michele - Thanks. It has been a long time. I actually forgot how to record and render videos. Glad you appreciated my "voices".

Bob - Thanks. Glad you played along. I liked the voices too!

Craig - Thanks. I hope you played along too!

Tom - Thanks. It's a fun song. You've been quiet too!

Marc - Thanks. I like to post the lyrics and chords when I can (for those who might want to add the song to their "binder").

dekotaj

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:03 am

What a blast from the past.
Not quite sure what dance one would do at the high school dance when this song came on?
The monkey?
The swim?
The twist? So I just did them all sitting here watching.ha ha.That was a lot of fun.THANKS!!!
Bravo, Kev

sandysue

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Michele

I hadn't really looked at this thread before until today. I looked back a few pages and listened to several of your songs. You have a really nice quality to your voice, it's very soft and calming. You play very pretty and effortlessly. It sounds great. I love this idea of posting music for each other. Thank you

Sandy

Hi Daryl

I remember that song Run around Sue. I love it. It's a very catchy tune. You make it look easy when you play all of those bar chords one after the other. That was some really smooth singing there Daryl, I did't even see your lips moving. :P

Sandy

kelemenj

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

daryl

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Don't know this one either. :-( But definitely a simple 4 chord song. Though I don't know if I could play it with just all DOWN strokes. I think THAT looks hard!

michelew

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:13 am

sandysue wrote:
Hi Michele

I hadn't really looked at this thread before until today. I looked back a few pages and listened to several of your songs. You have a really nice quality to your voice, it's very soft and calming. You play very pretty and effortlessly. It sounds great. I love this idea of posting music for each other. Thank you

Sandy
Hi Sandy,

Thanks! One day I hope to be able to sing more strongly. Thanks for the compliments.

We started this thread for fun and as a way of illustrating or reminding ourselves of just how many really cool songs there are that only have a few chords. Somewhere in this thread there's the coolest U2 medley from someone who was a student who's now Neil's deputy. Check it out if you haven't watched it yet.

Daryl has put an index of links on the front page so this thread is now a 3 or 4 chord song reference collection. Many of the uploads have chords and words included to help people learn them.

If you feel like adding a cool simple song to the thread please do. You might want to also start and new thread telling people there's a new video in here like Daryl did (and then post a link connecting the two) so that no one misses it.

Feel like sharing you fun-to-play simple songs?

Shel

dekotaj

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:40 am

michelew wrote:
sandysue wrote:
Hi Michele

Daryl has put an index of links on the front page so this thread is now a 3 or 4 chord song reference collection. Many of the uploads have chords and words included to help people learn them.

Shel
Daryl- Thanks, that is so cool.Love it.How did you get it to be the first page??Check it out folks,Great job Daryl!
Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic