Busking Traci Chapmen

buddy

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Her is a rendition of Fast car. This is a very fun song to play and sing. Let me know what you think and what would help move it along.

Bud

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

lueders

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Alright, that's what I'm talking about! :) :) Fastcar, oh, man do I love this song. Thanks a lot for putting this up!
Nice to hear you do this...

I just love Traci Chapman!! I think this song is just absolute genius in its: simplicity, lyric, & melancholy story of longing.
It is a minimal accompaniment but IMHO it serves the song so well. I think the chorus is just enough different than the verse with
the contrasting strum & the tempo shift...it just enough to work pretty darn well.

Just love it!! Thanks for putting the spotlight back on Traci once again!!

Cori

Craig

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:18 am

Buddy,
I wouldn't have any suggestions to move this along. It sounds like you've nailed it pretty good. This sounds difficult to sing, very fast and a lot of words, but you did it very well. Nice job.

Craig

tombo1230

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 am

This is great Buddy! It's one of those songs with a lot of words which makes the singing so difficult. Playing guitar on top of that is a real art.
Nice one. I think you made it look easier than it is. Great job! No suggestions, it just worked for me. B) :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 am

...and the best performance award goes to... Buddy! for Fat Car... applause!

Where are Bill's clapping hands when you need them?
That was just brilliant Buddy... everything just right, phrasing, pace, flow mix of guitar and vocals... faultless.
I love this song and I know it is really hard to do as its one of those almost spoken ones at times with lots of words to squeeze in to the right places and you keep the vamp goint like clockwork so its just great.
Best performance so far!

willem

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:58 am

Buddy,we can watch and listen and then say nothing 'cos we are sooooo impressed,,I really wanted to say one word '''brillant'' that it was..

Be sure when you do a performence (open mike) you put this song on the right number on your list,,,maybe the last number 'cos they WILL !!! remember this and walk or ride singin to home..

Willem

reiver

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:07 am

Buddy - this sounds great. If I had to offer any advice, it would be to play less. Less right hand and allow your left hand to do more (hammer ons/pull offs etc) and let some of the pauses ring out. But really, that's just tinkering. Nice job.

Stuart

dsmarion

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:27 am

Hey Buddy,

This sounds pretty good, can't really offer a lot since I am not familiar with the song. I don't know how you'll remember all those words without a cheat sheet if you decide to perform it live :)

Scott

boldent

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:53 am

I'm a big fan of this song too and you did the best version I've heard so far.

Thanks for sharing.

buddy

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Cori, You hit the nail on the head about Traci, she is a very talented song writer and performer. I also really like how this song is put together, what really surprised me was how hard it is to sing and play at the same time. It sort of wracked my brain for a few days trying to figure it out.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic