Collaboration of Shape Of My Heart

skaladar

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 am

Spectacular! …

John as soon as I saw “Posted … by JHall” in the topic I knew we where in for a treat. I surely wasn’t disappointed.

You guys really knocked this out of the park. Daryl, your playing is absolutely rock solid, as always and John, your vocals and harmonies are again perfect. The mix, the sound, the feel …everything is just so professionally done that you both should be extremely proud of your work. Exciting, inspirational, beautiful … I could go on and on with superlatives about how I see this.

It may have been a while (too long of a while if you ask me) between ‘visits’ but it sure was worth it. I simply loved it. Thanks

♫ Ken ♫

daryl

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:18 am

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

BobR

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Daryl / John,

That was just fantastic. Playing, Vocal, harmonies, everything. You were spot on. Even the time of the videos were both 4:27

Great Great Job

Bob

tombo1230

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 pm

Daryl, nice to see you. Great playing Daryl very solid and melodic. John, amazing vocals, the harmony was just spot on. I may watch this 100 times, loved it!
Great job guys. B) :)

Tom N.

buddy

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm

John, I have not seen you on TG for awhile and it is really nice to see you post this up as I really enjoy your singing. Daryl, really nice job on the guitar !

Bud

JHall

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Wow! Thanks everybody for such kind words. My hat is definitely off to Daryl for not only learning this one, but the playing, as many have said here, is just great and a pleasure to sing to. I know I've been away from TG for a while but I'm hoping to fix that. Daryl already has some stuff for me to work on so... off to the studio! (oh wait, the studio is my bedroom) :-)

John

Hydroman52

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Daryl & John,

You show superb taste in selecting this song, and then you did a great job in performing it. The Ten Summoner's Tails is an excellent album, and this song surrounds the listener with profound lyrics and a soothing melody. If CDs were like vinyl, I would have worn the grooves out on my copy long ago. You've done the song great justice . . . . . very well performed . . . . . . I'm impressed.

One question for Daryl, could you tell us the pedigree of your new guitar? If you've told us before, I missed it.

Thanks for posting this one,

Hydroman52

daryl

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Daryl & John,

You show superb taste in selecting this song, and then you did a great job in performing it. The Ten Summoner's Tails is an excellent album, and this song surrounds the listener with profound lyrics and a soothing melody. If CDs were like vinyl, I would have worn the grooves out on my copy long ago. You've done the song great justice . . . . . very well performed . . . . . . I'm impressed.

One question for Daryl, could you tell us the pedigree of your new guitar? If you've told us before, I missed it.

Thanks for posting this one,

Hydroman52
Thanks everyone for the VERY kind words. It's such a joy to be part of TG!

Hey Rick, I just bought my "new" 2003 Martin from a local used guitar shop in Vermont. The store typically has junk but this guitar happened to come in the day before. It's a $1650 (list price) I bought for $425 with a hard shell case. I love it. My avatar is my new Martin. Here are the specs:

MARTIN 000-16RGT (000=Auditorium / 16=Style / R=Rosewood / GT=GlossTop / Made in USA)
CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
ROSETTE: Bold Herringbone w/Single D-18 Ring On Each Side Of Herringbone
TOP BRACING PATTERN: 0001 Hybrid
TOP BRACES: 1 Style/Scalloped
BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
ENDPIECE: White Boltaron®
ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron®
BINDING: White Boltaron®
TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black/White
NECK MATERIAL: Solid Spanish Cedar
NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
NUT MATERIAL: White Corian®
HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Standard Taper
HEADPLATE: Solid East Indian Rosewood/ Raised Gold Foil Logo
HEELCAP: Solid East Indian Rosewood
FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Black Micarta®
SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
# OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
# OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16"
FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8"
FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 28
FINGERBOARD BINDING: White Boltaron®
FINISH BACK & SIDES: Semi Gloss/ Dark Filler
FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss
FINISH NECK: Semi Gloss/ Dark Mahogany Stain/ Dark Filler
BRIDGE MATERIAL: Black Micarta
BRIDGE STYLE: 1 Style Belly
BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8"
SADDLE: 16" Radius/Compensated/White Micarta
TUNING MACHINES: Chrome w/ Small Knobs
RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin SP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/ Black Dots
PICKGUARD: I-02 Tortoise Color
CASE: 330 Hard Shell
INTERIOR LABEL: Paper Label

Hydroman52

Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 am

daryl wrote:
I just bought my "new" 2003 Martin from a local used guitar shop in Vermont. The store typically has junk but this guitar happened to come in the day before. It's a $1650 (list price) I bought for $425 with a hard shell case. I love it.
Wow, you got a great deal! Congratulations to you. It sounds really good in the video. I'm also curious about how you are recording it. Do you have a pick-up, or are you using a mic?

John, There was a recent thread that discussed lighting for video performances. You have good lighting in your videos. Do you do anything special for this? Is that a black-out curtain for your background?

Thanks!

michelew

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 pm

What a great job guys! :cheer:

Daryl, your playing was really really lovely and suited the song perfectly, very well done. btw your new Martin sounds really beautiful!

John, I suspect there ain't a lot that you can't sing, another great job with this one, well done!

cheers

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic