Collaboration of Shape Of My Heart

JHall

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 am

Collaboration of Daryl & JHall Shape Of My Heart: Just another collaboration with Daryl playing guitar and me on vocals.
Daryl did not even know this song when I asked him if he wanted to do this project. He did a great job learning and playing it in a very short time. Thanks Daryl.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Craig

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 am

JHall, Beautiful vocals, as always! Great to hear you sing again.

Daryl, your playing is so solid. I knew it was you right away when I saw your face! :laugh:

Way to go guys. Very professional. Wonderful.

Craig

willem

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:34 am

Craig wrote:
JHall, Beautiful vocals, as always! Great to hear you sing again.

Daryl, your playing is so solid. I knew it was you right away when I saw your face! :laugh:

Way to go guys. Very professional. Wonderful.

Craig
ECHO,EECHOOOoooo

wonderful..Daryl thanks for sharing it in the box too..

michelew

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:05 am

John it's DEFINITELY been too long since we've seen and heard something from you. WAY too long.

Daryl and John, I LOVE your collaborations. This looks like a professional production. The guitar playing is beautiful, John your vocals are so touching and your harmonies ...just magic.

Gosh I enjoyed that. I'll be watching it again that's for sure.

Pure magic.

Shel

daryl

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 am

John I absolutely love you singing in this video. And I especially love the 2 vocal images (with the 2nd vocal fading in and out). Great job! We've missed you around here.

As John said, I had never heard of this song. But when John showed me the Sting video I saw that there were 11 MILLION views. I figured somebody must know (and like) this song and I thought that MAYBE I could learn how to play it. At first it was quite a challenge. Not your typical chord progression. But after a bazillion attempts I finally got it under control. A few flubs - but in general it's pretty close to Dominic's playing. Here's the video we were trying to emulate....

michelew

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 am

Well I think you and John have emulated it beautifully. I think I could happily listen to this a gazillion times.

Hmmm... Might need to learn it at some point.

So beautiful and sad.

Thanks Daryl.

Lavallee

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:40 am

Darryl and John, another very professional video. The quality of the playing and the singing is just phenomenal. You have reproduce the original ambiance of Sting video which is way more than just interpreting. It is a real pleasure to watch.

Marc

lueders

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 am

Wow!!! And ditto everything Michele said!! It has been far too long, John! Awesome Vocals!! Daryl, holy crap!! Great Job! Man you sure got my respect!(not like u didn't before)
You nailed that thing down with a nail gun!! Man, here's one for the TG greatest hits Cd! Such a brilliant song , too.

Phenomenal!!!! :)

abiliog

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 am

Daryl and John
Absolutely awesome. Great song with a fantastic lyric and you've done a great interpretation.
Beautiful played and sung.
I will learn this one, someday. Always loved this song and now you inspired me deeply.
Thank you both,
Abilio

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 am

Wow! That is a knock-out guys, masterfully done. That's a perfect piece of playing Daryl and the vocals, John, are hauntingly good. A first class job!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic