An attempt at Doolin-Dalton by The Eagles

Craig

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Jason,
Way to go! Nice solid strumming. I think you are well on your way. You looked nice and relaxed to me. I'm a huge Desperado fan, might come in handy in the future! ;)
Keep up the great work!

Craig

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Bob: Many thanks kind sir. About time I got something real up here.... :)

Craig: I really appreciate the kind words. Can't wait to see you in action again as well.... ;) Your post of "You've Got Hide Your Love Away" was yet another reminder that I need to get my butt in gear around here... You did a great job on that one!

MJ

dsmarion

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:30 am

Hi Jason. Getting here a bit late so I will just echo what others have said about the strumming being very good and I am looking forward to hearing you progress into singing it. Thanks for posting!

Scott

tovo

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:51 am

Well it's nice to log on and see a video from you MJ. You should post more of them. Enjoyed this one a lot. Good stuff mate.

Lavallee

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:59 am

Hey Jason, very good strumming and you look comfortable. AS the others have said , it would be great if you would add the voice. I am a poor singer and nobody has jumped on me yet, so I am having fun trying. What is the worst that could happen? Polite answers? so give it a shot. When singing, you have to pay more attention to the whole song as well, the little passes and riff, repetition or half measures that you only notice when you sing with the original. It helps learning

Marc

michelew

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:17 am

Jason,

It's great to see you putting something up. This is nice and smooth

You've got some great advice. It would be wonderful to see you take the next steps and put that advice into action.

Good job finding the guts to post. Your Taylor sounds nice too.

Michele

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:54 am

Scott: Thanks man, I am hoping to sing on the next upload, so get your cotton balls ready... ;)

Tony: Good to hear from. I know you have been a busy dude of late. I appreciate the support!

Marc: You are quite right about the worst that could happen.... :) I find that on the songs I can sing to, the playing actually gets a bit more accentuated as well, as I get into the song a bit deeper. Just does not sound too good... ;)

Shel: All of the encouragement here is getting to me... :laugh: Thanks for your kind prodding of late. It has made me more willing to give it a go. I am trying to nail down the next attempt now.... ;)

MJ

reiver

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Jason - I thought this sounded really solid and shows that - from a playing point of view - there's nothing to stop you going ahead and adding some vocals. But believe me, I understand entirely your reluctance to do so. This remains the only audience that I'd sing in front of. Correct song choice and key selection should help you along.

Stuart

abiliog

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Jason,
I think you are ready to add vocals to the song. Smooth strumming, the time was perfect, so....
I also remember your singing from the guitar contest, and it was very good. Did your voice changed since then? :)
I really like it,
Thanks for sharing
Abilio

Music Junkie

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Stuart: Thanks for the support, and yes, this crowd is about as good a place as one could possibly hope for when it comes to playing and sharing... B)

Abilio: Voice has not changed other than a pesky sinus infection that has been hanging on entirely too long. I think I am using it as a bit of a crutch though, so I need to take the plunge here shortly. I appreciate the kindness! :)

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic