Collaboration of Rainy Day People

jimbo58

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 pm

great picking. singing and editing. all very professionally done. thank you

buddy

Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:05 am

Ok, now this is what I love about TG, great playing, great singing and great Video production. Kevin your guitar playing is really superb in this and Chris the vocals are really special.

Bud

willem

Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46 am

This don't need many words to express my feeling over this collab..

KIPPEVEL..and i bought a lot of chocolat..

dsmarion

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 am

Very sweet playing, lovely singing and nice video work. Most enjoyable.

Scott

michelew

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:23 am

Chris and Kevin,

WOW! That was truely beautiful. You make a great team. This looks and sound professional.

Chris lovely singing.

Kevin I love your playing, all of it. But, I think this may be the best I've heard you play. Breathtaking. You really made that guitar sing.

You both continue to raise the bar for us all.

Wow!

Shel

Lavallee

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:16 am

Kevin and Chris, very nice work, crystal clear playing and perfect singing. Nice video presentation too

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks for tuning in folks...

Thanks Daryl, how spoilt am I that if I’m not Collabing with you, I’m collabing with Kev!

Thanks MJ, glad you liked the sound… I’m using wave files in the mix instead of MP3 so that is helping a lot.

Chas, thanks, glad the bytes are reaching even the farthest flung corner of the TG map ;-).

Thanks for the thumbs up Cori, stereo!

Thanks Stuart, if this was half as enjoyable for you as your recent posts were for me then that’s great!

Happy to drop your jaw now and again Rick! Thanks for tuning in.

Kev’s playing on this is so crystal clear and the way he shot the vid was really inspiring Daryl, I’m slightly amazed at how it turned out as I wasn’t sure I could get my bits up to the same standard. More by sheer luck than anything else, I managed to get the first fade in to quiver like a ringing note on the first note of the song… and I wanted to look like a singing head off the cover of Hard Days Night… so some fortunate convergences happened! And Suzi, the way Kev’s guitar appears in my arms for the sols is also fortunate… pity I can’t bluff that its me playing ;-). Thanks for the kind comments.

Great to hear from you Bill, at your service any time!

Many thanks Abilio, really glad you like it.

Ken, many thanks, I sure am proud to join these collabs, what a pleasure it is to have friends to play with and friends to listen too!

Vanessa, always great to read your discerning comments, I know you know what you are talking about so its a double pleasure.

Dennis, glad you enjoyed it as it was a pleasure to do.

Thanks Matt, this is one of those songs that requires heart and soul so I glad it comes through.

Thanks for listening Jay, glad to brighten your day!

Many thanks Craig!

Thanks Stuart, I have memories of your video with Suzi every time I make one. I’m still a little surprised at how this one just seemed to assemble itself. There is reverb on the vocals (I always ad a vocal reverb in Audacity) and I have double tracked Kev’s guitar and my vocal and placed them left and right… but I have also off set the tracks by a few thousandths of a sec which gives it the depth or extra echo. ABBA used to do this with their recordings to get that full sound.

Many thanks for the advice upfront Tom, I was happy with the sound in the end although when I cleaned up the vocal track (noise reduction function) I thought it had given it a bit too much cave-like sound, but I guess its ok. Great to have a profi to call on!

Thanks for listening in and commenting Bob and Jimbo!

Thanks Buddy, TG gives us a great playground doesn’t it.

I hope that’s Swiss chocolate that you’re feeding to your goose bumps Willem! Thanks for your kind comments and listening in.

Thanks for listening in Scott!

Many thanks Shel, we do make a good team and its great to have someone like Kev who likes so many of the artists and songs I like.

Merci Marc, thanks for tuning in!

dekotaj

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am

Hey Everyone, Thanks sooooooooooo much for all the great comments.

With my typing, going to let Chris do the Replying.See how this works Chris,You get all the HARD work of putting together a GREAT video!! Now you got to do all the typing.What a friend huh.LOL.

But for real,Let me thank you again and again for joining me in a great old lightfoot song.I set around learning these songs.Hopping some day to add some great vocals to them to see if they would work with a great singer.And you always bring you A game.Make me work that much harder.Thank you for all the hard work on this and all the videos you and me have done.But most of all THANK YOU for being my FRIEND.

Kev.

Darn Brother.You got your typing done before I could thank you.Man your just good at everything!!

And Daryl,You mush know I got the Ideal of the lighting and camera shots from watching your Vids.Hope you don't mind me steeling them from you.And you bet I polished my guitar before playing.Don't everyone!LOL

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:30 am

This kind of work I could do all day Kev, you are more than welcome :-)!
Back at you Bro!

dekotaj

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 am

Darn Chris You did it again.I'm going to start calling you SPEEDY.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic