Busking DOOBIE BROTHERS

buddy

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:58 am

suziko wrote:
Buddy,

That was a lot of fun! I agree- Listen to the Music is such a great song! I think you did it justice and I really enjoyed the fades in and out.

Thanks for posting this! Watching your video makes me want to take a crack at that lesson!

Suzi
Suzi, Thanks for listening in on this. I would love to hear your rendition of this tune.

Bud

MarkM

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:21 am

buddy wrote:
MarkM wrote:
Bud,

Now that was fun to watch. I really liked the fade in and out with the two video clips. What app are you using? Great singing as usual. Your playing was really good as well. Like Chris said, with time your strumming will lighten up on those higher frets. Not as much realestae up the neck for those barr chords huh?? This song is perfect for you Buddy. Keep at it and have it ready to go for your next Barn sessions.

MarkM
Mark, I am using MovieMaker to edit the video. Glad you enjoyed this and thanks for listening.

Bud

Thanks Bud. I'll have to check that out as I use MovieMaker mostly as well. I never thought to patch in two video files. Heck I didn't even know you could with that app. I'm thinking on my next song I'll recored it live with two cameras to get a couple different vantage points.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 am

Buddy,

I started this song when it first came out and had to walk away for a while.
Your great version has reminded me to get back to it!

Thanks for sharing!

sws626

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Buddy,

I tried to listen on my phone when your post came up, but couldn't view it. So I've been looking forward to this all day. I really enjoyed it and thought your singing lower worked very well, especially when you get to the sparsely accompanied passage around 3:00. I'm really impressed with the stamina and consistency of your strumming. An all around treat to watch and listen to -- the sepia tone of the video was nice too.

-Stuart

Hydroman52

Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Good job on this one, Buddy. I want to hang out in your barn.

Hydroman52

buddy

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:53 pm

AL, Thanks my friend. I would really love to hear you do this song as I think you might be able to sing it in the original key.

Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Stuart, I am really glad you enjoyed this rendition and thanks for such kind words of encouragement. I did have some fun putting this video together.

Bud

buddy

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
Good job on this one, Buddy. I want to hang out in your barn.

Hydroman52
Would love to have you at the barn, it would be a pretty long drive though, LOL.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic