Busking Nick Drake

michelew

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Nessa,

You never cease to amaze me. Truely woman I'm running out of new things to say to express my awe. I concur with Stu. How did you memorize all of that in a day or so? Incredible.

I just love the nuances that you bring to what looks like simple strumming in parts, the syncopated feel, stressing the high notes here the middle there, the bass.. Then it all repeats so is obviously intended, but sounds so organic, so natural and relaxed.

I love the deep, warm, mellow sound you get from that jumbo LAG too. Hmmmm... Must get me a cedar top with a big belly and great curves some day. :) but of course her responsiveness is all about the loving way you play. In another's hands it may sound like a shadow of itself.

Just beautiful.

You're amazing.

Thanks Matt for the request.

Ness thanks for the grins and wows. :) :) :) :kiss:

Shel

ceaser67

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Vanessa,Vanessa.Vanessa,

I truly love to hear you sing and play,really enjoyed that and only after a days training eh,superb

Youre scottish friend
Tommy

boldent

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 am

The guitar and tone of this clip sounded professional Ness. I became a fan of yours when I heard you play U2's 'All I want is you".

Very very nice.

sws626

Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm

That was really cool, Vanessa. I'm not very familiar with Nick Drake, though I know he has a lot of fans here. Your take on the song makes me want to learn more.
-Stuart

jayswett

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 am

Awesome, as usual.

jayswett

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:17 am

boldent wrote:
The guitar and tone of this clip sounded professional Ness. I became a fan of yours when I heard you play U2's 'All I want is you".

Very very nice.
Can someone point me in the direction of Vanessa's video of "All I want is you?" Somehow I missed that.
Jay

buddy

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm so sorry folks, the past week has been busy, I just didn't get to respond to all your great comments just yet. I certainly will now! :)

JHall: Ha John, so great of you to drop by! Well as someone who really knows this song, your comment is a huge compliment to me, so yeah very thrilled to read it, thanks so much! Oh, don't hesitate to add one to this thread as well! ;)

Matt: Hey Matt! Well I'm of course more than happy that you got something out of it, that was the whole point of course :) . In any way, you're most welcome, and I very much enjoyed playing this one, it really grew on me. Thanks for introducing me to it!

Cori: Haha :laugh: , Cori my friend! I was curious how you'd feel about it, I mean, it was clear that you knew the guy and the song, so it was absolutely great to read your comment!!! :woohoo: :blush: :kiss: You're so sweet, thanks!!! (close to TC, well that says it all, doesn't it, haha! :P ;) )

Chris: Thanks Chris, glad that you thought it was smooth! ;)

Dennis: Gosh Dennis..... :blush: :blush: yes, i read the first comment before you edited it.......well i really loved to read all you've said in here....and I just só appreciate that you always notice and point out the subtleties in my playing....that's a particular compliment wich is really special to me....thanks so much Den :kiss: ..!

Tom: And you are so sweet, thanks!! B) :) :P

Totsyboy: Wów, floored and impressed??! Gosh, i'm a bit speechless for that, thank you very very much, really appreciate it!! :cheer:

Bob: Thanks for watching Bob, am very pleased that you've enjoyed it, that's always nice to hear!! :)

Dermot: Haha, a smooth operator?? :laugh: Now explain that one to me!! :P Pink Moon, thx for the info, I indeed googled him and about this song, several theories going around about it. I guess I like to think of it asif he 's talking about death. 'None of you stand so tall, Pink Moon is gonna get you all'....Thanks Dermot! :)

Marc: Thank you very much Marc, am really really glad you think so, thanks again!

Buddy: Aaaah Bud, that's so sweet to say and so great to hear, thanks so much!

Suzi: Hey you :) ! Very very glad that you loved it! And indeed, I didn't (like the majority here) didn't know him either, but he has some interesting songs. He died way too young of course, age 26 :S. However, it was really great to be learning this one, there is something intense about it as well.....can't explain in english.....grrrrr.....Anyway, thanks sweetie!! :cheer:

Kevin: Ooooooooh thanks so much for áll your BRAVO's Kev' :) :) :) , your comment made me smile really really BIG, that's so very sweet, thank you!!! Someday indeed... ;)

BigBear: Wow, just so happy to read that! Again, especially if you know the song, that's qúite a compliment, thank you very very much Rick, appreciate it!

Stuart: :) :) Thanks a lot Stuart, I really always love and apprecitate your support and am very glad that you've enjoyed it, thanks again!!

Definitely to be continued! ;)

haoli25

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Hi Jay, thanks so much for dropping by, very pleased you liked it!

'All I want is you' was posted in the 3-4-chord-song-thread, uh....page 15. It's a lóng thread, so I'm not surprised you missed it! :P

jayswett wrote:
boldent wrote:

Very very nice.
Can someone point me in the direction of Vanessa's video of "All I want is you?" Somehow I missed that.
Jay

buddy

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Michele: Shel, you never cease to leave me speechless.... :blush: :blush: .....as I said to Dennis, it means a great deal to me that you notice the nuances in my playing...funny you mention the guitar, normally I use that one for fingerpicking since it sounds really warm and I use the other ones for strumming. But the bottom-strings of Nick Drake's Pink Moon sound so warm, almost like a classical guitar, so I switched to the LAG instead. Anyway, thanks so very very much sweetie......gósh your comments are always só $@#%@$# fantastic to hear!!! :woohoo: :kiss:

Ceaser67: Aaaah Tommy, how great of you to stop by! :) :) I truly loved to read your comment, thanks so much, really appreciate it!!

Boldent: Ah you liked 'All I want is you'? :cheer: Well that was a fun video to record, very glad you liked that one and thank you very much for the kind comment on this one! :)

Stuart: Thanks a lot Stuart! Well the majority doesn't know him, but the few who do are réally familiar with his work. I sure wasn't. Very pleased you enjoyed it, thanks again!

Thank you all, you're all great!

Ness

boldent

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am

Jayswett, Ness's version is in the 'Busking 3 or 4 Chord Songs' thread. If you get a chance, check out this clip of 'all I want is you'. It had me all choked up, Bono is an awesome guy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic