Busking Dutch song

willem

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 am

A Dutch song by Boudewijn de Groot

''tip van de sluier''

I learned this just for an upload,,I have to work on some parts but it is coming..

note: guitar is tuned down a whole step so capo is just E-A-D-G-B-E

Boudewijn De Groot: Tip Van De Sluier songtekst

Wanneer geef jij je bloot, laat jij jezelf eens zien
Ben je bang voor anderen of voor jezelf misschien
Ik probeer je scherp te volgen, toch blijf je vaag voor mij
En voor ieder antwoord dat je geeft komt er weer een raadsel bij

En je blijft jezelf verbergen achter de lach op jouw gezicht
Je blijft jezelf verbergen achter de lach op jouw gezicht
En nooit wordt er meer dan een tip van de sluier opgelicht

Al dring ik bij je aan, zit ik op je huid
Ik kom nooit dichter bij jou zelf, je vlucht steeds voor me uit
Zal ik ooit te weten komen, wat gaat er in je om
Of wil je een mysterie zijn, waar ik nooit achterkom

En je blijft jezelf verbergen achter de lach op jouw gezicht
Je blijft jezelf verbergen achter de lach op jouw gezicht
En nooit wordt er meer dan een tip van de sluier opgelicht

Achter iedere deur die ik open doe
doe jij een andere deur weer dicht
en zo blijf je verborgen,
nooit wordt er meer dan een tip
van de sluier opgelicht

van de sluier opgelicht

van de sluier opgelicht

van de sluier opgelicht

van de sluier opgelicht

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 am

Nice ballad Willem! I had to listen twice to tune my ear to Dutch (and use a text translation) but it was worth it, nice job!
I think this will grow with you as it seems to suit your style. Picking change to strumming with pick ;-)... could you manage that part with out pick,,, or do you need that extra power it gives you?

Lavallee

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks Willem for posting this Dutch song.. Nice fingerpicking. Could you tell us what the song is about? I could use the translator but it rarely gives the real meaning.

Marc

willem

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Nice ballad Willem! I had to listen twice to tune my ear to Dutch (and use a text translation) but it was worth it, nice job!
I think this will grow with you as it seems to suit your style. Picking change to strumming with pick ;-)... could you manage that part with out pick,,, or do you need that extra power it gives you?
Thx Chris,,it need more work thats for sure,,there is syncopate G strum in there that i not manege well and more but 'm happy on the moment,,I tryed to strum with the fingers but was not happy with how it sounded but first choice was with strumming with fingers,,Wi'll see in further..

Thx for your time...'cos you have some work too... :laugh: B)

Willem

willem

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 am

Lavallee wrote:
Thanks Willem for posting this Dutch song.. Nice fingerpicking. Could you tell us what the song is about? I could use the translator but it rarely gives the real meaning.

Marc
Mark thanks,,I wish I could tell you an real translation,,maybe someone will do it for me,,,maybe the titlle ''tip van de sluier'' ''an tip from the veil'' ??

Lets say everybody is a bit vague a bout him/her self and we are curious a bout it so we try to come behind it bit by bit...a litlle piece from the veil(fog)???

In this case it could be a woman but also someone else.. I am vague also... :laugh: :laugh: maybe its Neil with so now and then a puzzle ;) :unsure:

Willem

michelew

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:21 am

Willem,

It's great to hear you singing in Dutch!

I agree with Marc, very nice fingerpicking. I'm guessing it's a sad puzzle.

Thanks for showing us a Dutchie song. :)

Shel

willem

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:50 am

michelew wrote:
Willem,

It's great to hear you singing in Dutch!

I agree with Marc, very nice fingerpicking. I'm guessing it's a sad puzzle.

Thanks for showing us a Dutchie song. :)

Shel
Thx Michele,,Mmmm sad,sad,, well I puzzled the song and thats were I am happy,,it need a lot of work to make it real musical but I'm on my way :laugh:

I like the lyrics..

People can be puzzles..

I try,I try, I try,,,would I succeed?

Willem

tovo

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:53 am

If you want? And you try and try and try? Well according to Jimmy Cliff you wíll succeed! ;)

I thought you sang this very nicely Willem, suits your voice! The picking is nice too, and some parts need a bit more work (especially the last line of the chorus), the strumming is too fast compared to the picking, one needs to slow down or speed up! :P

The lyrics, hmmmm......the singer is talking about this person (a woman? ) who never really shows her true colours. He wonders if she's scared for other people or maybe herself. She keeps hiding behind a smile. Whenever he tries to come closer, she pulls back. Whenever he opens a door, she closes the next one. So he wonders, will he ever know who she really is? And so on.

Ness

willem

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
If you want? And you try and try and try? Well according to Jimmy Cliff you wíll succeed! ;)

I thought you sang this very nicely Willem, suits your voice! The picking is nice too, and some parts need a bit more work (especially the last line of the chorus), the strumming is too fast compared to the picking, one needs to slow down or speed up! :P

The lyrics, hmmmm......the singer is talking about this person (a woman? ) who never really shows her true colours. He wonders if she's scared for other people or maybe herself. She keeps hiding behind a smile. Whenever he tries to come closer, she pulls back. Whenever he opens a door, she closes the next one. So he wonders, will he ever know who she really is? And so on.

Ness
Vanessa thank you kindly,,especialy on the playing,,I think both parts need work,,the pickin a tad faster and trying to compare that with the strumming speed it is so easy to speed up,,,I give the last line a look,,you mean ''en nooit word er meer dan een tip..etc'' or do you mean ''opgelicht''???

Also great for telling were's the story a bout,,, I found those two Leonard Neigh and Boudewijn de Groot very good collaborating...aplause for the inventing of this tune so nicely invented..the song could work a view years back for me but now I just sing ''Its over now,baby blue''
:laugh: B)

Craig

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:31 am

Willem,
I like the tune and I thought you did a nice job on the fingerpicking. Thanks for sharing.

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic