Busking a Remake of the First Song You Ever Posted to TG

jimcjimc

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:30 pm

dennisg wrote:
Nice idea, Chris. Above is a link to my first video. By the way, what was your first song upload?

And the rest of you? Which song was your first on TG?
Great idea, Dennis!

Deja vu and been there, done that :)

My first video here was You Ain't Goin Nowhere and I re-did it about a month ago on the busking 3/4 chords songs.

Of course, I have a lot of other videos I did here that I might like to re-do someday.

MarkM

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Dennis,

Outstanding idea for a thread!! I too enjoyed your second one a bit more. Everything was a bit more relaxed and your vocals had much more confidence the 2nd time around. This is such a great song. You should add this to your open mic list. Thanks for sharing and I'll try and get my new version of Cry Baby Cry up soon. I'll have to relearn the chord progression again. It's been awhile. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

BobR

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi Dennis,

Cool idea. I enjoyed both of your videos , but liked your second one better. I think my first was Still the Same. I'll try to post a new one soon. ( I hope the title isn't telling me something though :laugh: )

Bob

willem

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 am

Dennis,,this is an whole improvement musically wise or is it the key? I can't remember my first upload..

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, as promised, here's a re-make of the very first video I posted on TG about 3 years ago. The Story in Your Eyes. I actually recorded this about a year or so after the first version when trying out my new music room for the first time... late at night... but didn't post it here... if I did, I don't remember doing so!

I still find it very difficult to play without error as it is fast and I miss a string or my attention slips... always something else slips up! So this is also imperfect and I've included the out takes but the AVS Video Re-MAker I used does not edit accurately, it cut a second or so too early in each edit... which is irritating. So it may not show the actual error but cuts just before. Duh! Never had much joy with the AVS Re-Maker although AVS Editor is good. But any way, here's what I have warts an' all....

I'll post the original here... just have to seek out....

buddy

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Chris, most excellent update my friend. Playing and singing on this new version is big home run. I even liked the heavy sigh at the break.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:54 am

Thanks Buddy... there was quite a bit of sighing and other expressions of negative delight going on in the out-takes. Still, I really enjoy bashing away at this great song every time I play it.

dennisg

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 am

I think the chords are cleaner in the newer version, but I think your playing and singing are excellent on both. Very interesting to hear it with two such different recording qualities: the newer one is very bass-heavy and the other one greatly emphasizes the trebles. Great song, by the way.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks Dennis.... by now I'm also incorporating the slide up to the seventh and barring with my pinky in the riff (You do that every second time). I've maybe learned as much about recording and editing as I have about playing in my time at TG!

dennisg

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks Dennis.... by now I'm also incorporating the slide up to the seventh and barring with my pinky in the riff (You do that every second time). I've maybe learned as much about recording and editing as I have about playing in my time at TG!
Chris,

Considering that you've added new things to the arrangement, and dialed in your recording setup, I'm surprised you didn't record a new version.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic