Busking a Remake of the First Song You Ever Posted to TG

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

... lack of time and since my computer crashed... my mic jack is only recording on one channel... and I had this one in the can already....

BobR

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the remake. I think they were both well done. I actually liked the vocal on your first , but just because the audio came out better.

Bob

Lavallee

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Chris, glad you brought the videos up. I remember both videos and mainly the second one because Tony and I noticed, through your window, the UFOs passing outside . I thought both are good but the second one was in your great musical room that everybody should have. Always great singing and you are doing this riff so well.

Marc

rapsidy

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 am

Dennis great job on a great song and great idea ive always wanted to post up the song i did first which i think was wholl stop the rain, like chris's song it was seeing neil play who stop on you tube that brought me to TG about 2 years?? ago..

Chris WOW i was listening to your intro then bam straight into this fast song i was just going wow your a good player.. and if you had not of stopped i wouldnt even have know you made a mistake.. That what i have found when recording you think you make this aweful mistake and when you play it back it doesnt sound half bad and you wonder why you stopped in the first place.. Most of the time its only the player who knows the mistake.. so i think you should just keep playing through... It was really good no need to stop, start again,, IMO

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 am

Thanks Bob, Mark and Brad.

That's exactly what I do playing live Brad, just muddle through any mistake and bluff it out... never a problem for those listening. When recording, its a whole different ball game, for sure! I find the camera nerves (I know its not visible but they are always there) is just enough to blanc out my memory at bits which are not normally a problem, there seems to be a tipping point. It is one of those songs which is tricky for me to get through 100% perfect (most are!).

Marc, it wasn't this song I posted with the UFOs, I think that was Melancholy Man so I don't think you have heard this second recording before. Bob, this time the guitar was plugged in and the camera mic tends to flatten the all the sound and in this case it seems to boost the guitar.

Lavallee

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
[.

Marc, it wasn't this song I posted with the UFOs, I think that was Melancholy Man so I don't think you have heard this second recording before.

You are right, but the UFO were back at 1:40 and 2:40, they obviously like your music :)
Marc

rapsidy

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:37 am

cant exactly remember which was first video i posted but this was about the third, close enough :)

Hope there is some improvement/ ill add the original when i find it :blink:

daryl

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 am

Brad, WOW. I don't remember your 1st or 3rd video but this one is rock solid. Strong confident vocals, good control on your fretting hand. And great strumming - you kept you hand/arm in motion to the beat of the song even when you weren't hitting the strings. All around really really good!

willem

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:51 am

Super Brad,,,i say super 'cos I enjoyed it and saw the progres in your totally fabilous remake...I did 'nt drum along!!!!

Willem

Lavallee

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Another good one Brad, strumming is very good and so is the singing, the ball is rolling

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic