Busking The Guess Who

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Wanted to thank Neil for putting up the Guess Who- so thought I'd busk "Laughing". Not without its flaws- but fun to play all the same.

Anyone else working on Guess Who songs?

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dennisg

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

That was really nice as an instrumental, Al. In fact, I prefer it over the version with lyrics. Nothing I can offer here that can't be fixed by having a little more time under your belt with this song. One thing I might offer: the notes on the bass run were a little bit clipped off, but again, I know that's something you'll fix. Great job on this.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Nice post Al! You're such a quick learner on these songs.

"Anyone else working on Guess Who?" I'll bet Marc is working quietly on American Woman somewhere, you know what a closet rocker he is ;-)

schm040

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 pm

AA,

Thanks for posting. I wish I had your control and timing!!! Great job on some pretty tough chords too.

Matt

BobR

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi Al,

Nice start you've got here. I haven't started it yet but I did buy the song :laugh: . Does that count?

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Al, you made this look deceptively simple, since Neil's lesson is quite recent.
Got me feeling I could learn it in a short time ... so let's fast forward 6 months from now: "Huh? what kind of guitar steroids was Al taking to get this down so fast?"

Thanks for sharing your progress :)
Pierre

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Dennis- you're right about this being a nice instrumental. Not the most cerebral lyrics. But I still might give it a go with vocals when I've got it down a bit better.

Chris- thanks. I am a quick study in general. What I need to work on is RETENTION.
I have no doubt that Marc is working on something that will knock our socks off.

Matt- if I remember correctly from your uploads, you DO have good control and timing.
I don't think this song would be tough for you to take on.

Bob- buy the song AND the album. Guess Who's Greatest Hits. LOADS of great songs on there.

Pierre- guitar steroids eh? If only there was such a thing. And with no side effects please!

Craig

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Al,
Nice job getting the Guess Who ball rolling! A great tune for sure. I thought you have a great start on this. As Dennis said, I think it's just a matter of time put in until you have this one nailed. Very nice post. Thanks for the inspiration!

Craig

tovo

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:03 am

Nice work indeed Al. I just came from Den's thread on busking your first tune over again and I was reminded here of how very far you have come. A long way for sure.

AcousticAl

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:29 am

Craig- I thought you'd like this one. Kind of reminds me of the partial chords used in some Bread songs.
Could CGWFU be far off?? Although there's much less need to hide the fact that you're a Guess Who fan IMHO ;)

Tony- Thanks. Dennis' thread is a good-but scary idea! I went back to view my first upload and it was horrible. I think we'll all find we've vastly improved.
At least I hope so :blink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic