Like to collaborate on a TG theme tune?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Don't you think it's about time TG had its own theme tune? I was thinking, maybe we could create a simple song or convert an existing one to fit the TG experience. Maybe TG could use it on the site as a sort of jingle or acoustic trademark. Whatever, if we create one its there for fun anyway. So this would be another TG collaboration open to anyone who'd like to contribute.

Daryl and I have teamed up and made a start and we have a basic idea, tune and some lyrics. If we fly with this then there is room for additions or adjustments on the lyrics and we will need:

guitar parts
a lead vocalist or vocalists
lots of chorus vocals (around half a dozen voices... can be more)
lead guitar
bass
mouth harmonica

All you have to deliver is your audio track and a video clip of you playing/singing part of or all of your contribution (to be mixed in the final video).

I can mix the audio tracks and possibly do the video if necessary... but we may get a competent volunteer for that if Tombo is listening (hint!) :-). I don't intend to be the vocalist on this one (we could have many) as I really don't want to bore anyone with my voice (I get enough exposure here) and, as a slight hint, this song is not exactly my genre (without giving too much away) as this will be a secret project until its published. The goal would be to publish this over the Easter weekend.

If you are interested to take part please sign up here and also send me a pm with your private email for all the (secret) further info. ;-)

The more the merrier! (we need a thumbs-up emoticon)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:04 pm

That's cool... a couple of sign ups already...

willem

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am

If I can hide! myself in the chorus then I would try to contribute.. you said a lot of vocals in the chorus and that looks like a choir ...and there you can hide or go for it..

Music Junkie

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:10 am

No drums?? :)

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

Yep, we need a choir Willem so I'll happily sign you up... no need to hide!

We have a drum track we can use Vanessa.... don't tell me you have a drum kit too?!

Chris

willem

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:44 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yep, we need a choir Willem so I'll happily sign you up... no need to hide!

We have a drum track we can use Vanessa.... don't tell me you have a drum kit too?!

Chris

SSSSSST,,its only music in that house,,, :laugh: :ohmy: B)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:59 am

Ok folks, Thunderbirds are Go!

We have enough folks on board to make this fly and we still have room for anyone who'd like to join in.
You can be a part of it with minimal work load too... like to sing on the chorus and play a cameo role?
You can just do the chorus, then video yourself singing one run through of that and we can splice that into the video... would be cool to have lots of TG faces on it... due to the nature of the song.

Technical details to think about:
When you make an audio of your part , save as wave file and don't add any echo, reverb or effects (Tom will do that in the mix).
Video yourself miming your part (using your own recording to mime to) and keep it as close up as possible.

We intend to have this out over Easter so still plenty of time...
Chris

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:08 am

Great! We now have quite a beefy team signed up so I'm confident we'll pull this off, thanks to all who have signed up!
Anyone can still join in and contribute.

Another way folks can contribute is to shoot 10 - 20 seconds of video of their local area showing typical topography, landmarks, street signs, national flags flying (you get the picture) and preferably shot from a moving vehicle, on the road, so to speak. This will make great back-drop scenery for the video. If you have something, PM and I'll give you the coordinates of the Drop Box where you can upload. That would be fantastic!

willem

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:44 am

I droped a WAV. now I will see how to vid it and for local stuff i want have some sun that will come to morrow they promised..

neverfoundthetime

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:03 am

....can we have a windmill... I guess we are too early for Tulips? ;-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic