Busking Before and After

MarkM

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:59 am

This thread is based on Dennis's redo your first TG video post. I actually have a trouble ticket open because I've tried 4 times to get this video uploaded to that thread with no luck. So I figured I would try and do it in a new "band" in the busking section and it actually worked. Anyway The Beatles Cry Baby Cry was the first song that I uploaded here back in December of 2009. Boy does time fly. I was nervous just like everyone elses first post. Another headless guitar player. I thought Dennis's idea was so good that I decided to give this one a go. I actually had to look up the song again since I hadn't played in since 2009. I got a little funky with the video and tried a preset I had in Reaper for the vocals. Still didn't do that good of a job I'm afraid. Anyway here you go. Hopefully we'll get more of these videos. I'd actually like to see more folks doing these before and after comparisons. Even if it wasn't the first video you posted.

MarkM

The Beatles Cry Baby Cry

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Here is the first one from 2009.

mark

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Mark
The difference is obvious to see and hear.
You're strumming is a lot more suttle and smoother than before.

These before and after videos are a good idea

BobR

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 am

Hi Mark,

I agree with Mark. Your strumming is always good but in your second one it is much lighter and you're singing too which makes it all the better.

Nice job

Bob

willem

Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi Mark,,when I re(a)d the head line I thought you steeling Dennis his idea but no and I can know 'cos I had the same problem with uploading on that titlle in the busking uploader.

Not played this since 2009,,what you did then? only singin it?? and that's a whole improvement I think...

Willem.

dennisg

Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:36 pm

First, let me say that I suspect the reason we're having trouble uploading to my thread is because I edited the thread title after uploading my video. Not sure why it should matter, but it seems to.

Mark, your video is a great example of what I thought would happen: that our old songs, if played with our increased skill and confidence, would turn out better than our original efforts. Your playing is so much smoother now, there's just no comparison. And I like that you added your voice to it, which is something you'd have never done back in 2009. I enjoyed singing harmony with you.

Great job on this obscure Beatles tune, but one that I've always really liked.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:09 pm

Definite improvement Mark... its been a while since your first post! These days your are adding vocals too which is a big plus. But I still think you and Den are cheating... new Taylors! :laugh:

Craig

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Mark,
It's awesome to see how far you have come. Singing, playing, recording, guitar, the whole thing. Congratulations on the progress you have made through time and effort. A real tribute to you, and the site. Thanks for letting me come along for the ride!

Craig

jayswett

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 am

I love the before and after idea. Well done, Mark.

pbraun

Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:13 am

Mark,
Well guess I'll be breaking out the White Album later. Great job, I liked both versions but reallu the second is much smoother as everyone said. Have you kept playing it since then or just picked it back up for this thread. Most often, I find when I learn one I don't go back to at least often enough, so I don't really improve on it.
Pete
(wow, how is this for weather in GA huh?)

cosmicmechanic

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am

Mark, the newer version does have that lighter touch, but I also appreciate that in the older one, your fretting hand is more clearly visible.
This tune fits you like a glove, I've always been particular for it ... another one to add to my songs binder !

So nice that you dropped by, was fun playing along with you again ;)

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic