Busking Before and After

Lavallee

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 am

Hey Mark, good post, definitely much better today. The strumming is smoother and has more finesse as others have said. Also noticed that the chord transitions are now flawless while it was pausing slightly before.

This is a good exercise.

Marc

willem

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 am

blackbird after two years,,its not that I play it often it is so now and then for some warm up,,today it was this result..

I think this is an old one,,could'nt find an other

Craig

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:40 am

Willem,
Great progress in two years! Much more steady and clean. The biggest thing to me though, is being able to sing along while playing. This is a difficult song to sing and play (at least for me!). Sorry to see that you lost the bird from the intro! He flew away??? :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

willem

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 am

Craig wrote:
Willem,
Great progress in two years! Much more steady and clean. The biggest thing to me though, is being able to sing along while playing. This is a difficult song to sing and play (at least for me!). Sorry to see that you lost the bird from the intro! He flew away??? :laugh: :laugh:

Craig

Thx Craig,,the bird is a very,very wild bird,,or today I believe they call it Angry bird.(computer game) :laugh: :laugh:

W.

dennisg

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:54 am

Much, much better, Willem. Aside from the fact that you've cleaned up your playing a lot, the tempo is now much more steady. Good job.

willem

Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 pm

dennisg wrote:
Much, much better, Willem. Aside from the fact that you've cleaned up your playing a lot, the tempo is now much more steady. Good job.

Thx Dennis,,its not so easy to stay calm or steady when the thing!!! is on,,,my motto must now be ,,ease on down,ease on the ro-o-ad..

W.

pbraun

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:44 am

Willem, Sounds great, I agree with Craig, tough song to play and sing to. Your fingerpicking is great, keep it going!
Pete

suziko

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:54 am

Just now catching up on this thread, sorry for my lateness!

Mark- I loved your new version of Cry Baby Cry. Way better than your old one. Your strumming is so much more delicate and I thought your singing sounded GREAT in this video! By far your best vocal effort yet, in my opinion. Well done!

Willem- I also see a lot of improvement in your video of Blackbird. Much steadier tempo, fewer "dead" notes, and vocals added, too, which was nice! Great job! I laughed at your "Angry Birds" joke, too :)

Suzi

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:08 am

Good going, Willem. A fun tune, and I find that just matching the words to the chorus at the correct pitch is a real challenge.
Anyway, for you, another one bites the dust !

Pierre

willem

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 am

Thx Suzy,,well it still have some work,,the art is to stay calm with the playing and singin legato(not to much like the playing/pickin)..

Pierre thx,,, I change clothes now and go for the Queen song...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic