Busking Roy Orbison

cosmicmechanic

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Dennis, I didn't know you owned a copy of the "Castrati Song Book". Are you sure it's just the throat that bears the brunt of strain here?

Seriously though, a courageous effort at a high-wire act of a song. You actually pulled it off really well, 'cause you've got a nice voice.

Lots of notes picked with no looking and no fumbles, as far as I can tell ... and a well-delivered high vocal finale, too.

And sometimes it's entertaining to see a grown man cry :silly:

Pierre

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Don't sell yourself short, Demnis. That was a great version of a really tough song!
I wasn't sure you were going to go for the falsetto part- but I was hoping you would- and you did not disappoint!!

Craig and I have room for another CBFU member if you want to give a Bread/David Gates song a whirl (after you get your voice back that is :)

Thanks for sharing.

dennisg

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:53 pm

I always feel embarrassed to drag my dying threads back to the top, but I owe a few people some thanks.

Fred: Nice to hear from you and thanks for the kudos.

Nessa: I'm so glad you stopped by and saw the video because I always love hearing from you. This is probably the most impulsive I've ever been on a video -- hearing the song on the radio in the morning, then recording it a few hours later. For better or worse, it didn't leave me any time to talk myself out of it.

Buddy: Haha! I had lots to cry about toward the end of the song.

Pierre: I was going to say that "... I have a little castrato in me," but I don't like the image that conjures up. Anyway, thanks for your support, as always, and if you ever want to see a grown man cry, just skype me.

Al: I would have sung that last part without falsetto, as I did in the previous take, but I could tell from the way my voice was behaving that I needed a little crutch. I appreciate your comment.

Lavallee

Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Dennis, I always like your videos, so entertaining. You have a knack to play and sing where you always seem to put your heart into it. I am sure you must be great in the open mic evenings. Whatever you say, you are a great singer, with tears.

Marc

jayswett

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm

That was really well done, Dennis. I would never have the courage to stretch my vocal range like that. You pulled it off magnificently. You and Suzi have motivated me to make the effort to post a video. I will work on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic