Mellow Yellow

sbutler

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Well Donovan is no doubt fakin it here, but for anyone who enjoyed Neils ear training lesson on Mellow Yellow, this is still a fun little video to play along with.

TGNeil

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Ouch,

Disturbing, painful... and..., chalk it up to marketing, but at least he passed the ear-training challenge...

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:12 am

This is such a catchy tune and nicely spaced out, always loved it.... but I'm sitting here wondering if I'm ever going to sing the line about 14... what the? The electric banana line also is highly what-the-? in this context too. Odd, as Donovan's lyrics were always very strong. Note to self, when you get old, no long hair!

I did love that good olde green guitar though.

dennisg

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 am

With the lip-synch'd performance and loopy zombie dancing, this could have been footage from the 1960s, except that he's clearly much older. I remember when this song came out originally, it spawned a national fixation of drying, grinding up, and smoking banana peels. It, unfortunately, made no one hallucinate with delight except for the board members of the Chiquita Banana company.

sbutler

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:44 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Ouch,

Disturbing, painful... and..., chalk it up to marketing, but at least he passed the ear-training challenge...

Neil
He did pass indeed Neil. And yes, painfull it was. Thats why I'm continuing my ear training while the video is running. Playing with me eyes closed I did!!!

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic