Collaboration of The TG Theme Song

tombo1230

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:05 am

suziko wrote:
Wow, guys, that turned out great! I loved all of it. Kevin's lead vocals add that necessary country twang, the vocals on the chorus sounded great together, fantastic guitar playing throughout, very professional editing and synching. All in all, a video to really be proud of. I especially enjoyed the video clips, and trying to guess which spots came from where. I certainly recognized a few!

A big congrats to everyone who worked on this project!

Suzi
The second last clip is Loch Lomond in Scotland, in case you were wondering Suzi. :)

Tom N.

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:15 am

tombo1230 wrote:
suziko wrote:
Wow, guys, that turned out great! I loved all of it. Kevin's lead vocals add that necessary country twang, the vocals on the chorus sounded great together, fantastic guitar playing throughout, very professional editing and synching. All in all, a video to really be proud of. I especially enjoyed the video clips, and trying to guess which spots came from where. I certainly recognized a few!

Suzi
The second last clip is Loch Lomond in Scotland, in case you were wondering Suzi. :)

Tom N.
Dang I missed that must check again !

willem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 am

tombo1230 wrote:
suziko wrote:

Suzi

Tom N.

two pics with the bicycle at front,,yeah thats Holland nicely and peaceful..

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 am

The video clips are great, showing some of the sights of TG-land including home-base Los Gatos, Seattle, Andy's house in Hawaii plus a distant rainbow, Abilio's back-door step and the Portuguese coast and Lisbon's imitation of the Golden Gate Bridge, Toronto, Montreal docks, Daryl's Vermont farmstead, Plymouth, Main, Swiss spring-time (did anyone spot the vintage E-Type Jag?), Dutch windmill, a Scottish Loch (that one had me guessing) and the TG Banner.

Willem, on the female voices... we did try and we almost got there! But with these collabs it depends on people's schedules and many other randoms. Daryl made a total of 10 audio mixes before we got to the final cut and around mix 6 or 7 we did have a female voice... but it was Pierre's, digitally manipulated! We decided in the end not to go there. I'm sure Pierre is thankful about that!

michelew

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 am

That was fun!

Congrats everyone involved. It was a cute idea.

Shel

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 am

Absolutely awesome team great work, can we get lyrics posted?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:16 am

ON TG AGAIN (with a big Nod to Willi Nelson and the original)

On TG again
Just can't wait to get on TG again
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on TG again

On TG again
Playing songs that I've never played
Meeting folks that I would never have done

(Chorus)
On TG again
Like a band of buddies on a virtual highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep tuning our way
And our way is

On TG again

Solo

(Chorus)
On TG again
Like a band of buddies on the virtual highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep tuning our way
And our way is

On TG again

Catman

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:25 am

Jolly good job, chaps!

[end British understatement]

For me, it was the video clips that made it into something special. And Wally...

tombo1230

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 am

Catman wrote:
Jolly good job, chaps!

[end British understatement]

For me, it was the video clips that made it into something special. And Wally...
A cat that likes dogs, now that is cool! :) :P

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... around mix 6 or 7 we did have a female voice... but it was Pierre's, digitally manipulated! We decided in the end not to go there. I'm sure Pierre is thankful about that!
Another reminder to always count our blessings ! :silly:

Great job welding all this together Daryl and Tom, and you sure are a patient man, Chris. It's a deceptively simple tune that is good training for rhythm and timing, enormously more in this context of several independant recordings that need to match. A great learning experience ... I'm glad to still have my day job, though. :side:

Well chosen videos, also. It has a relaxed feel, is pleasant to watch. And nice ending, where Dennis is really "On TG".

Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic