Busking Styx

AcousticAl

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Wow, Marc! Epic!

Love that you're not afraid to take on a beast. You always have interesting songs on the go.

And good on you for singing it as well. It is just for fun.

tovo

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Marc my friend I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching your videos. I always know it's going to be something challenging and I just love your approach to music. That was an epic to be sure but it had so many changes of tempo and technique that I was kept interested all the way.

You're looking so very fit also. Well done.

buddy

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 am

Marc, I really, really enjoyed this. I really liked how you let the song build up at the beginning as that was a very nice touch.

willem

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:16 am

Marc,,you always suprice and I enjoy,,,your guitar is getting bigger or is het you getting thinner,,great job on both..

Really like it,,,

Willem

Lavallee

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

Thank you Al, it would have been nicer on a 12 string. Actually Styx uses a double neck guitar to play this. The singing is like furniture in the house, not necessarily nice , but better than an empty house.

Thanks Tony, for the kind comments, the various parts sure make the song interesting. A little running and less beer seems to work for me.

Thank you Buddy those progressive rock songs were so motivating.

Thank you Willem, I switch the weight from me to the guitar. Now I can play heavier music :)

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 am

Lavallee wrote:
The singing is like furniture in the house, not necessarily nice , but better than an empty house.

Well said.
And sung.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:58 am

Looks like I am late to the party here Mark... didn't notice the thread until now. Great job on a bit of an epic song... all kinds of spooky things going on with that. Suzi is right, you always have an interesting choice of song... its a bit hard to beat your Wild Thing but this was good... great to hear you singing all the time now. And Tony is right too, you're looking good... ageing in reverse!

schm040

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:18 am

Marc,

You put together a nice performance and I agree with the others, your fingerpicking is really coming along.

You also seemed relaxed, and like you were having fun, which is something we all need to do......

Thanks,

Matt

dennisg

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Holy cow, Marc! Watching your video was like having a front-row seat at an operetta -- with the many changes in mood, tempo, and playing styles. The thing I enjoyed the most was that you seemed to have nailed them all. Congratulations on tackling this elephant of a song and bringing it to its knees.

tovo

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Way to go Marc! Enjoyed it very much, so cool!! B) :)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic