Busking Styx

abiliog

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Marc,
It's been a while since I heard this song for the last time.
Great song choice, wonderful playing and your voice surely warms the house :).
Like everyone said, your videos are really something.
Thanks,
Abilio

BigBear

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 am

Marc- that was terrific! I've always been a fan of Styx (my wife is a much bigger fan than I am !) but I don't remember that song. What's the title? Did Tommy Shaw play that?

Anyway, I thought your harmonics were great and your picking really solid. Another fine performance from you!

Thanks for sharing!

:cheer:

Chasplaya

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 am

BigBear wrote:
Marc- that was terrific! I've always been a fan of Styx (my wife is a much bigger fan than I am !) but I don't remember that song. What's the title?

Thanks for sharing!

Lol I was not sure of the title either been awhile since listening to any Styx! But I'm pretty certain its the original recorded version of Suite Madam Blue, not the live version as they don't always play the intro

Lavallee

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 am

Thank you all again for commenting

Chris, Wild Thing was easier to remember the words and look at the camera. Unfortunately age does not seem to go away, but I feel lighter about it.

Thank you Matt,I am more relax than before because I do just one take (unless I would do something really bad). I decided that if I miss a little (like I did a few times in this one), I just continue. This way I do not feel the pressure as much of trying to make it perfect.

Thank you very much Dennis, I' ve wanted to do this song for a long time but could not find the tabs until recently. Glad you liked it, I was a little concern that it would lack interest because of its length. I like the progression of it.

Thank you Vanessa, appreciate you took the time to comment.

Hi Abilio, thanks for your kind words, singing is not great yet, but it is improving. At least I do not feel embarrassed by it.

Thanks Rick, glad to read you I did not noticed until now that I did not put the title, sorry. Yes the song Suite Madame Blue and the intro is Prelude 12. Tommy Shaw played it on a double neck guitar. He did not write it (I was surprise by that ) as he was hired to replace John Curulewski who did but left the band after the record but before the show of Equinox and was replace by Tommy Shaw (hence the confusion). Ain't Wiki great !

Thanks Chas, I did try to find a live performance video of playing the intro but could not. Maybe because it would break the rhythm between 2 songs during a show.

Marc

michelew

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 am

Marc,

You are SO COOL!!!!!

That was a marathon and you pulled it off with ease.

I loved it!

Great stuff.

M.

lueders

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 am

EPIC!!! :) :) :)

That was Super Cool, Man!! Those Harmonics sounded so nice...and just all of it!! Super, super Cool Marc! Really enjoyed it!

BigBear

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Marc- that was terrific! I've always been a fan of Styx (my wife is a much bigger fan than I am !) but I don't remember that song. What's the title?

Thanks for sharing!

Lol I was not sure of the title either been awhile since listening to any Styx! But I'm pretty certain its the original recorded version of Suite Madam Blue, not the live version as they don't always play the intro

Thanks Chas!

reiver

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

I guess it's been a while since I've been around here and I almost missed this. Great work Marc. Your guitar playing is always solid and it's a real pleasure to hear you starting to add some vocals. I didn't know the song but I enjoyed this a lot.

Stuart

Lavallee

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Michele, you must have answered when I was typing this morning (my morning), thanks for your good comments

Thanks Cori, the harmonics add a little something especially the ones at the 5th fret that I had to practice not to mute them.

Hi Stuart good to hear from you and thanks for your good comments. I am still available for long train running we talked about more than a year ago.

Marc

tvarga

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Marc,
Bravo, bravo bravo! That was really super. Sorry I'm a little late in viewing your performance.
I was really into Styx back in my college days and can still vividly remember watching them from the 2nd row in the early 80s.
It was a great show, but man was it loud. :)
Keep up the great work.
-Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic