The very best performances on TG

suziko

Sun May 27, 2012 6:48 am

Here's another one I really enjoyed! I've always thought this song was so hauntingly beautiful. Great solo playing from Daryl, incredible vocals from Chris, and, in general, just a fantastic video. I loved how Chris added clips from the original video into the "window." That was a really nice touch!

suziko

Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 am

One more (for now!). It took me a while to find this song on either YouTube or TG. All of my search words didn't bring it up for some reasons. Al and Mrs Al introduced me to this great song, a Vashti Bunyan song, redone by Feist and Ben Gibbard. I loved their harmonies on it and really liked Al's playing:

AcousticAl

Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 am

Hey thanks Suzi. Forgot about that one!

My list would be long and I'll have to come back after some more thought- but here's two off the top of my head..

Deuce playing 'Can't Find My Way Home'. Just loved his strumming and go-for-it attitude with the vocals.

I've loved a lot of Jay's uploads- but this one sticks with me as a great upload- both for excellent fingerpicking and subtle vocals.

Edit- I should add of course that many on my list have already been mentioned earlier in the thread..

Hydroman52

Mon May 28, 2012 11:43 am

What a nice stroll down memory lane. I remember all of these. And thanks for the nominations. It’s very flattering to be included with all this good company. It’s also hard to imagine all the techniques that I’ve stolen from everyone on TG.

Thanks for sharing!
Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic