Busking George Harrison's Everybody Nobody

MarkM

Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Well its been a very long time since I've posted anything. Very busy in my life these days. Work, home buying and family have really taken me away from this site and playing in general. I tried to use the busking uploader but either it wasn't working properly or I forgot how to do it properly. Anyway here is a song that George Harrison had demo'd for Phil Spector when they were going through songs for the All Things Must Pass Album (1970). Everybody Nobody is really a rough work that eventually became the song The Ballad of Sir Frankie Crisp which is on All Things Must Pass. This demo later came out on Beware of ABKCO. The lyrics are pretty interesting when you consider the time that he was writing this. All in all a pretty neat song. Would have been interesting if he pursued this in a different direction from the song it eventually became.

Everybody is busy on the road
Nobody is quite sure where they're going to
Everybody is struggling with their highway coat
Nobody is quite sure what they're meant to do

Everybody is tied up in a solid state
Nobody is without twin reverb
Everybody is in control of his own fate
Nobody can make it off the cub

Everybody is nobody is there
Nobody is everybody here

Everybody is going round the roundabout
Nobody can find the high gear
Everybody is burning oil without a doubt
Nobody can keep the vision clear

From the Beware of ABKCO album

From All Things Must Pass

Lavallee

Thu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey Mark, good to hear from you. I hope that in your busy life you take some time for yourself. Very nice playing, I am not familiar with the songbut I like the picking accuracy on the bass note. I find that this your best singing video as well. It suits your voice.

Enjoying the heat yet?

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Neat job on an interesting song (also unknown to me until now) Mark.... it must be getting warm down where you are now... seeing as you dressed up like Angus Young for this one :-). Good to hear you again!

daryl

Thu May 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Very smooth. I too have never heard of this song. Thanks!

Craig

Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Mark,
Great to hear from you! I thought your playing and singing were really solid. I enjoyed that a lot. Well done!

Craig

Chasplaya

Thu May 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Mark that was simply awesome, long time since I heard that song also. I think this is your best yet both the playing and singing; the timing was spot on IMHO well done mate.

willem

Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Mark I noticed your back again and I know life can keep you away from the guitar and site,,but then you came with a nice suprise wich I enjoyed,,thx

Willem

dennisg

Thu May 03, 2012 4:56 pm

You may have taken some time off, but it hasn't diminished your strumming skills one bit. Perfect. This would be a great video for beginners to watch who have a tendency to want to hit every string on every strum. You seem to have a gift for giving voice to just the notes that need to be heard.

cosmicmechanic

Thu May 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Mark, you have a knack for knocking off relatively obscure songs that are on my "wish list", but are not available as lessons on TG.

The great thing about that is I get to play along, and reap the benefits of your sweat and tears on the research.
Hopefully there is all the sweat you want in Georgia, and only happy tears (absolutely no blood, for sure).

And it's also a gas to have you share your vocal experiments. You're achieving subtle changes that show great progress.
It's not easy observing and judging our own vocal performances, then adjusting and fine-tuning accordingly. You are doing just that.
And George Harrison's songs suit your voice real fine.

I sure wouldn't mind if you ever decide to do "Cosmic Empire", from the same demo sessions ... just sayin', you know B) .

... But dreams are nothing more than wishes, and a wish is just a dream you wish to come true (Harry Nilsson, The Puppy Song)

Thanks for this!
Pierre

tovo

Thu May 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Hey Mark. Great, great job. Your guitar work is just so beautifully "crisp". I still find you a really great example of fluid, accurate playing and if I wanted to show someone an example of fantastic strumming I would show them one of your videos, none more so than this.

I also think it is your best vocal performance to date.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic