Busking George Harrison's Everybody Nobody

MarkM

Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Being away for so long it feels good to come back "home" to my TG friends.

Marc - The heat?? Thats one of the reasons I moved down here. :laugh: :laugh: Actually its very nice and we couldn't be happier. I'm glad you liked the song Marc. Its a very obscure song for sure. Not much time for myself these days but that will change after we move into the new house. Thanks for watching.

Chris - Ha! Yup Angus and I are tight. :laugh: :laugh: What you was me sneaking in a song before my day in the home office. I did look pretty haggard though. Thank you for watching I'm glad you liked it.

Daryl - Thank you!! Are the leaves finally starting to come out in VT yet??? I'm surprised that YOU didn't know this song being the Beatle buff that you are.

Craig - Thanks for the nice words.

Chas - Wow!! Thanks for your support. I'm glad you liked it and that you were familiar with this one. Hope all is well down there.

Willem - Surprise, surprise. Thanks for taking the time to watch and your nice comments!!

Dennis - Thanks Dennis!! Well when you have limited skill, as I do, you need to make the most of the 6 strings and isolate them from time to time. I'm glad you like it. As always thanks for watching.

Pierre - I knew I'd get a response from you on this one and figured you'd know this song. I'm glad its on your wishlist. Pretty easy to play and you should be able to pick it up with no problem. No sweating down here yet. It's been just about perfect weather though. I'm not sure about experimenting with my voice but rather praying it doesn't suck all the time. :laugh: :laugh: Cosmic Empire is absolutely on my list. I love that song but just can't seem to figure out the little lick he uses in the beginning and midway through the song. I'll get there eventually. It would be a great lesson for sure.

Tony - Thanks for your kind words!! I always appreciate your comments. Vocally I'm always going to be a work in progress. I should check out the TG vocal site sometime.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 am

dennisg wrote:
You may have taken some time off, but it hasn't diminished your strumming skills one bit. Perfect. This would be a great video for beginners to watch who have a tendency to want to hit every string on every strum. You seem to have a gift for giving voice to just the notes that need to be heard.

Dennis summed it up perfectly. I've always admired your strumming abilities, and this video is no exception.

Also, thanks for the intro to the song!

neverfoundthetime

Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

Chris - Ha! Yup Angus and I are tight. What you was me sneaking in a song before my day in the home office. I did look pretty haggard though. Thank you for watching I'm glad you liked it.
Ah, was it casual-dress home-office day? I'm surprised you weren't still in your PJ's :-).
I love Dilbert's view on Casual-dress Friday.

MarkM

Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 am

Al - Thanks a bunch!!

Chris - Ha!! That was me dressing up for "casual home office day". I draw the line at PJ's on TG however :laugh: :laugh: .

MarkM

buddy

Fri May 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Mark, This was a very enjoyable rendition. I agree with others that this is your best vocal performance as well.

Bud

pbraun

Fri May 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Wow way to go Mark one of my favs from those albums (well if thats what they are). Very well done indeed!
Hope all is going well and you're finding a house and all, We'll have to catch up oneday.
Pete

BobR

Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Mark,

Very nice playing and your vocal's are sounding really good.

Good to see you and I hope all is going well down there.

Bob

jayswett

Sat May 05, 2012 4:40 am

George Harrison's voice suits your singing style very well. I enjoyed being introduced to a new song on this dreary New Hampshire Day. Well done. Did I ever tell you that I used to live in Dunwoody, Georgia?

schm040

Sat May 05, 2012 6:51 am

Mark,

Sorry so late with my response to your post.

Like everyone said, very solid strumming and picking out of bass notes, you really never missed a beat...

If you don't know "friend of the devil" go ahead and check out Neil's lesson because it has a very similar structure and use of bass / strum techniques, so you pretty much can already play it.

thanks for posting.

Matt

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 4:52 am

Better late than never as they say..........

Mark great job! You really nailed this song. Great timing. Like others have said, this may be your best vocal to date. Just a good all round job.

I'm a big Beatles fan and love Georges work.

Can I suggest a correction to your lyrics?........... Line three should read 'Highway code,' at the end. End of line 8 should be 'kerb'.
I've seen it on a site elsewhere with these two mistakes as well.

Enjoyed this a lot. I'm off to find my cd of All Things Must Pass. B) :cheer:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic