Collaboration of Time in a Bottle

familyman4

Mon May 07, 2012 11:19 am

Writing this & hoping it will get through to you even though I am not a target member yet... I am exploring the site and cannot help but leave a comment about your "Time In A Bottle" collaboration. It was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your skills. This song has a "history" for many people and when done correctly (like you folks did) it can tug at our heart strings and take us to a place that only great music can do.

Be prepared to sing & play this at someone's wedding in the future. Once people hear you do this song, they will ask :)

Thank you again..

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Writing this & hoping it will get through to you even though I am not a target member yet... I am exploring the site and cannot help but leave a comment about your "Time In A Bottle" collaboration. It was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your skills. This song has a "history" for many people and when done correctly (like you folks did) it can tug at our heart strings and take us to a place that only great music can do.

Be prepared to sing & play this at someone's wedding in the future. Once people hear you do this song, they will ask :)

Thank you again..
I am really glad you enjoyed the video. Kevin (DakotaJ) played guitar and Claire my daughter sang the song. I put the video together. Claire hasn't actually seen the video yet but she is visiting in an hours time, so I will show her your comment and everyone elses. Many thanks for taking the time to comment. You are visiting a great site, full of very good musicians and an excellent teacher in Neil. You can't go wrong here. Just one warning though........your guitar playing is about to be accellerated to a new level. Join the Target program and you will see what I mean.

All the best.

Tom.

p.s. Kevin has thanked everyone for their comments here, with a video on the Banner thread.

MarkM

Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Wow!! Lots of talent being showcased on this one. Great job Claire, Kevin and Tom!! That was excellent!!

Kevin you must send me the TAB for that song. Great job!!

MarkM

michelew

Mon May 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Kevin, Claire and Tom,

This is a beautiful video. I REALLY enjoyed it.

Claire, your voice is so lovely and you've got an amazing range. You've got a gift there (not to say you don't work at it too, which I presume you do). Make the most of it, flaunt it.

Tom, you're a skilled man with light, colour and movement. Each video I see of yours is just more impressive.

Kevin, YOU my man sound better and better every time I hear you play. I fell in love with this song when I first heard you play it and that love just gets deeper each time you do. Simply beautiful. I love the way you do the harmonics with such ease too.

Great collaboration!

Thanks

She

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Claire asked me to say a big THANKS! to everyone out there in TG land who took the time to watch and comment on hers and Kevs collaboration.

She's a little under the weather right now, trying to get over a sore throat of all things but she was delighted by all of your kind words,

Many Thanks! :cheer:

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 pm

daryl wrote:
... Funny, Kevin's picking arm (and hand) is in color and his fingering arm (and hand) is in B&W. ...
I thought that maybe this is just what happens to your fretting arm when you've played this song enough times to acheive such a good result ...
it becomes a greyish color, and maybe in the stage after that it just turns black and falls off ? :silly:

Pierre

thereshopeyet

Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 am

Ooooooh I love this song, it's soooooo beautiful!

And all three of you have done a wonderful job, very smooth playing, lovely singing and great to watch (well I certainly didn't expect anything less! ;) ), what more could we ask for??!

Thanks guys and gal, great to see a collab again!

Ness

thereshopeyet

Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks

tombo1230

Tue May 08, 2012 7:21 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
daryl wrote:
... Funny, Kevin's picking arm (and hand) is in color and his fingering arm (and hand) is in B&W. ...
I thought that maybe this is just what happens to your fretting arm when you've played this song enough times to acheive such a good result ...
it becomes a greyish color, and maybe in the stage after that it just turns black and falls off ? :silly:

Pierre
You may be on to something there Pierre! :laugh: :laugh:

Tom N.

tombo1230

Tue May 08, 2012 7:27 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Ooooooh I love this song, it's soooooo beautiful!

And all three of you have done a wonderful job, very smooth playing, lovely singing and great to watch (well I certainly didn't expect anything less! ;) ), what more could we ask for??!

Thanks guys and gal, great to see a collab again!

Ness
It is a very beautiful song Ness. :)

Cheers!

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic