Collaboration of Time in a Bottle

buddy

Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Wow, Kevin and Claire, this is really top notch. Very clean playing on the guitar and lovely work on the vocals.

Really brought a smile to my face you two !

Bud

Craig

Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 am

Very nice job! Good playing, good singing, good production. Just a wonderful collaboration all the way around. Well done to all of you!

Craig

willem

Mon May 07, 2012 12:47 am

Fantastic,,one for my saving list if I had one and that make me think that I must make one...

And sure hope to hear more of you both,,

Willem

daryl

Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 am

Kevin and Claire, you make a great duo. Lovely. Very impressive smooth guitar playing there. Great control with the hammer-on pull-off stuff as well as those perfect harmonics in the end. Nice collection of guitars, will you list them for me please? Claire, lovely (and sweet) as usual! Nice vocal effect Tom, what did you do? Also, nice background effect, how did you do that?

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 6:06 am

daryl wrote:
Claire, lovely (and sweet) as usual! Nice vocal effect Tom, what did you do? Also, nice background effect, how did you do that?
No vocal effect Daryl, Claire sang it both low and high, well spotted! The background was just one of those things you do, tweak the colours, blur it a bit, stop tweaking it when you get something that you like, that kind of thing. I use Sony Vegas, it's kinda limiting to be honest, but you can get some decent results sometimes with perseverence. The opening animation with graphics I made in After Effects. Kevs guitar part that is both colour and black and white, I again did in After Effects, two layers one black and white, one colour, added a mask to allow colour through on selected bits, namely the guitar and Kevs tie.

That's pretty much it.

Tom N.

daryl

Mon May 07, 2012 6:20 am

tombo1230 wrote:
daryl wrote:
Claire, lovely (and sweet) as usual! Nice vocal effect Tom, what did you do? Also, nice background effect, how did you do that?
No vocal effect Daryl, Claire sang it both low and high, well spotted! The background was just one of those things you do, tweak the colours, blur it a bit, stop tweaking it when you get something that you like, that kind of thing. I use Sony Vegas, it's kinda limiting to be honest, but you can get some decent results sometimes with perseverence. The opening animation with graphics I made in After Effects. Kevs guitar part that is both colour and black and white, I again did in After Effects, two layers one black and white, one colour, added a mask to allow colour through on selected bits, namely the guitar and Kevs tie.

That's pretty much it.

Tom N.

That's too funny. I was SO focused on Kevin's hands (and Claire's voice) I didn't even notice the B&W effect in Kevin's video! Funny, Kevin's picking arm (and hand) is in color and his fingering arm (and hand) is in B&W. Pretty cool effect.

Lavallee

Mon May 07, 2012 7:04 am

Claire, Kevin and Tom,

This is beautiful. It was my favorite from Croce. To see it play live and so well is amazing. Claire you have to explore more that potential you have. Kevin your playing is always good, but this seem to reach a new peak. Tom, good mixing , I did not noticed the effect either, it is pretty cool.

Kevin , glad to see the banner. Impressive guitar collection you have. Do you play the electric sometimes?
Marc

tombo1230

Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 am

Lavallee wrote:
Claire, Kevin and Tom,

This is beautiful. It was my favorite from Croce. To see it play live and so well is amazing. Claire you have to explore more that potential you have. Kevin your playing is always good, but this seem to reach a new peak. Tom, good mixing , I did not noticed the effect either, it is pretty cool.

Kevin , glad to see the banner. Impressive guitar collection you have. Do you play the electric sometimes?

Marc
I have to agree with you Mark, Kevins playing is on a new level. I also agree, Claire should do more with her singing potential.

Tom N.

abiliog

Mon May 07, 2012 8:22 am

Congratulations on this wonderful work, topnotch.
Abilio

BobR

Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 am

Kevin, Claire, Tom,

That was just excellent all the way around. Great guitar, Great singing, and Great effects.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic