Collaboration of Getting Over You

suziko

Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 am

Daryl, Tom and Claire,

Firstly, my apologies for getting to this video so late. You all did a fantastic job. Everything sounds so perfect and so professional. I hadn't heard this song before, but I thought it was very beautiful and heart-wrenching. A truly excellent performance from all of you!

Suzi

BRBbrb

Tue May 22, 2012 10:30 am

STEVEN: "beautiful"
JENNIFER: " I got goosies"
RANDY: "you're in it to win it"
BARB: "forget American Idol, this is where it's at"

Darryl; you block-head :P , that was so smooth and Claire is fantastic! Boy haven't heard the name Janis Ian in forever. Didn't she do "At Seventeen"?

tombo1230

Sun May 27, 2012 12:53 pm

haoli25 wrote:
(as I climb up from the floor) That was amazing. That is pro quality all the way around. Daryl, your guitar playing was rock-solid and your timing was near perfect. Bravo, Sir.

Tom, all Dads are proud, but your chest must be absolutely busting!!! :) Your lovely little songbird has an amazing talent. The sky is the limit for this girl. I would like to be at the head of the line to get her autograph and buy her music.

Claire, thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your vocal gift with the TG world.

Bill Image
Hi Bill,
sorry I didn't get back to you until now, we went on holiday just a day or so after Daryl uploaded the video.

Claire loved this song as did I when Daryl sent me the original. Just so beautiful.
I think Claire gave it her all, but wanted to do it her way as she always likes to do, so I think she made it her own. :)

I think she only listened to the original a couple of times, but didn't want to be overly influenced by the original delivery.

I think a lot of credit to Daryl here, he is like a metronome in his timing and what a brilliant, flawless performance he delivered.

To answer your question, proud of Claire?............always! :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic