Collaboration of "Little Black Submarines"

AcousticAl

Tue May 15, 2012 6:01 am

"Little Black Submarines" by the Black Keys.
(cover by Mr. & Mrs. AcousticAl)

The original..

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 15, 2012 6:12 am

Really nice Mr. & Mrs. double act Al... how great that your better half shares your hobby of creating music. Not heard this on before but it was becoming hauntingly familiar by the end... so maybe I did hear it somewhere... or it was your spell-weaving.
Probably the latter! Very nicely don all round. :)

daryl

Tue May 15, 2012 6:23 am

Very nice Mr. & Mrs. Al. Nice to see your better half again Al.

Though I don't know the song, I much prefer you're version. The original is way too loud in the 2nd half.

rapsidy

Tue May 15, 2012 7:39 am

Well I really enjoyed that very very much! Both singing and playing! :cheer:

Very well done Helen, you sounded lovely, a pleasure to listen to! :)

And yep, Al, very nice playing, I particularly loved the sudden change from strumming back to fingerpicking (the technical side of it, can be hard), very smoothly and perfectly done!

Ness

BobR

Tue May 15, 2012 11:21 am

Al / Helen,

Not a song I am familiar with, but I enjoyed your version very much. It's nice the way you compliment each other on your collaborations. :)

Thanks for sharing

Bob

willem

Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Sweeeeeeeeeet,,thx Helen and Al.

dennisg

Tue May 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Al and Helen,

I absolutely loved this, despite the fact that I'm totally unfamiliar with the song. Helen, there's a melancholy in your voice that suits this song (and many others) perfectly, and I'd love to hear your voice more often. Al, your playing, as always, is a clinic in precision and steady tempo. I can only watch, admire, and try to learn.

As someone who can appreciate having a significant other to make music with, I want to invite you to post videos of the two of you even more often.

Craig

Tue May 15, 2012 12:37 pm

Helen and Al,
That was great, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was well done on both of your parts. Thanks for introducing me to a new song. Good work ... as usual!
Craig

buddy

Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Al, Funny how our other half's bring out the best in us. I really enjoy watching you two perform together. Really cool song and well done !

Bud

AcousticAl

Tue May 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Ness- Thanks. The playing is pretty straight forward except for the switching to/from strumming, so I'm glad you noticed that. I've had A LOT of practice with this technique recently working on 'Something In The Way She Moves', which I'll upload soon as well.

Bob- Yes, we do complement each other. Coincidence with this song-- I had been working on it for a while already and H came home one day and said 'I have a song you have to learn!' Brownie points for me for already knowing it! :)

Willem- Thanks for your comment.

Dennis- Glad you liked it. With summer coming, we'll probably take you up on your offer to post more collabs!

Craig- Thanks. Always glad to introduce (and be introduced to) new songs.

Buddy- You got that right! They do bring out the best for sure (and not just for fear of hitting wrong notes!) :blink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic