Busking the Bee-Gees

tgjameela

Tue May 22, 2012 6:54 pm

$@%@$@#@$@%@$@!!! :angry:

I meant to add a Bee Gees-song in hére, but........it ended up in a new thread :S :( .....sorry Den'....

$@#@%@$@#@$!!

Edit: Ah, I get why, the title has changed from the Bee Gees to Bee Gees......the system does get screwed up when we change something for that matter.....sigh... :(

pbraun

Wed May 23, 2012 6:43 am

Dennis, great job on a great song. That pre -disc era was their best work, I kinda lost sight of them in all the lights and glitter of disco. Some of their One Night Only concert stuff was great later on.
Pete

dennisg

Wed May 23, 2012 8:44 am

Tony: Thanks, mate. There are certain songs (this one, for instance) that are both good enough and easy enough to play that even my impulsive posting can't harm them.

Pierre: Now that I think about it, you're right -- the Bee-Gees did a lot of really morose songs. No wonder I liked them so much. By the way, I've got a hairy enough chest to pull off the look, but I just can't afford those gold medallions.

Al: The Baby Boomer generation is dying off. I shudder to think who might be next.

Bob: Thanks for stopping by.

Marc: I appreciate it. If anything, I think I have a knack for taking a simple song and making it simpler.

Vanessa: Thanks, pal. The best thing to come out of my song is that it inspired you to put one up, too. A double shot of the Bee-Gees. By the way, this is the second time someone has had difficulty posting a video to one if my busking threads. It must be because when I have to tell the uploader the name of the band, I key in "Bee-Gees" instead of "the Bee-Gees" because the uploader software will list the band name in alphabetical order under "T" instead of "B." Then after the upload processes, I change the thread title to "THE Bee-Gees." Apparently, that's screwing things up. I'll stop changing the thread title, and that should fix the problem. Of course, if the powers that be want to smarten up the uploader software, that would be even better.

Rick: So nice of you to say.

Willem: Not sure what you mean by "original" tuning. Do you mean, Am I the only one who plays it that way? If so, the answer is no. When I decided to learn the song, I looked on YouTube, and the first video I saw was a guy playing it in open E tuning. I lowered it to open D.

Chris: Don't give it another thought -- learn your Bee-Gees tune and post it. I'd love to hear your version of the song.

David: Give a listen to some of their earlier stuff ... for example the song that Vanessa posted. They did some nice things before they settled in to the disco formula.

Mark: Apparently, you're not the only closet Bee-Gees fan on TG. It's a widespread guilty pleasure.

Michele: There's no keeping you in the closet. Thanks so much, pal.

Pete: I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic