Busking Bee-Gees

dennisg

Tue May 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey TG-friends!

Well I obviously just couldn’t resist adding a Bee Gees-tune in here! :)

Instead of a grey and rainy day (sorry Den :( ), in Holland we are fínally lucky with the weather, since it was the first 30+ degrees (celsius)-day here :ohmy: , so as you can imagine bloody hot, yeeeeeeeh!! :woohoo:

Still I find the news about another Gibb-brother passing away such a terrible loss.....I so love a lot of their songs, their great harmonies of course, but also the 'making you run for the dancefloor'-songs as well, I'll join you anytime Sue! ;)

So here is my little contribution. Considered a few and eventually settled for this one. Nothing fancy, just a campfire-version, but I do very much like this song, (although I think I knew Elvis' cover of it first :dry: ), so I hope you’ll enjoy my take on it. :) :)

Cheers

Ness

BobR

Tue May 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Vanessa,

Very, very nicely done playing and your vocals are always so good.

I am glad you're getting some nice weather. :)

Bob

tovo

Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh my. So simple and so beautiful. Bravo. I loved it.

daryl

Tue May 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Beautifully sung. I'd love to hear you do harmonies with this one.....

dennisg

Tue May 22, 2012 7:43 pm

I absolutely love this song, Vanessa, and I was singing harmony with you throughout. You did a fabulous job with it -- so simple, so controlled, and so perfect. I'm glad to see the Bee-Gees are finally getting their due on TG. This song reminds me how good the boys were before they decided to stay in falsetto.

michelew

Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 pm

WOW!!! Gorgeous!!!

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute Nessa. Way to take a simple campfire song and turn it into a pure celebration of joy, love and ... gorgeousness. You take my breath away that's for sure. Your singing is divine in this and I love the little things you've thrown into your fluid strumming to make it more interesting and the knocking and the sudden increase in volume. Mind you I could have listened to your gorgeous voice alone and still been mesmerised.

And may I say at the risk of being too cheeky that the warm weather looks GREAT on you. Your fitness regime sure is working for you. :) :) :blush:

Captivating and gorgeous! :kiss:

Shel

suziko

Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Nessa,

This was absolutely beautiful!! I can't imagine this song being done much better than how you just did it. Your vocals sounded amazing, your guitar accompaniment was just perfect for the song, and the bit of percussive knocking added a really nice color to the entire song. I loved it!! I also loved your performance throughout. Lots of smiles and engaging with the camera, which made it so fun to watch. And I have to agree with Shel- you're looking so fit and fabulous!!!

Suzi

Lavallee

Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi Vanessa, very enjoyable video. I am glad to see you smile and that you have fun playing .

Go Girl

Marc

AcousticAl

Wed May 23, 2012 5:45 am

Very nice. Also love how you connect with your audience.

Performing just oozes out of you (in a good way!)

Thanks for sharing.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 23, 2012 6:16 am

Lovely! Sometimes, the more simple the delivery, the greater the effect. There is so much in that video which can help anyone perform better... if they watch and learn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic