Collaboration with Mason Stoops for a special gal, Edward Sharpe cover

lueders

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 pm

"We are having a hootenanny, now! " (boom chick)
That was a hoot, Matt & Friends!! Loved It!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt, if you don't think you have improved, "you must be out of your mind!" (boom chick, again whomp whomp whaaaa. Sorry)
Great job, on Rhythm mr. Metronome! And I like, your rugged, gravelly vocals! ( I can say that because I sing so well myself.)

I really like a lot of Edward's writing! (not Scissorhands, he keeps shredding his notebooks and can't hold a pen very well.)
You folks did just great!! I was very surprised to see this tune.
Thanks for sharing!

Cori

TGMatt

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Thx guys...I must say I had a fair trepidation posting it.

The gal in question loved it, her birthday party was last night and I got "over served" - had a blast, saved the video till today so it was a surprise for today.

Edward Sharpe and also his solo album Alexander (his true name is Alexander Ebert) is now coming to TG due to some arm twisting of Neil by yours truly..next song will by Alexander and is truly miles apart from this one..

Cheers again guys and thx for the encouragement you all inspire me very much

willem

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 am

ABSOLUTE LOVE IT,,it was a treat,,,,thats what guitar playing has to be between two guitars but think we have a long way to go or just meet the right patiens friends...

I think Rick is envious on the hat..

Willem

heyjoe

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:44 am

Loving the hat Matt

Any chance of a TG hat like that making an appearance on the site anytime soon-modelled by Neil perhaps?

What a great video to wake up to on a wet monday morning, thanks, you've brightened my day.
Playing guitar and singing at the same time, well done, its not something I can do.

Your voice had me thinking of the singer of the Psychedelic furs on "pretty in pink", mixed with Bruce Springsteen.

Good on you for posting it too.

Joe

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 am

Matt:

Good to see you on camera again mate. I thought for sure that you were doing nothing but working your butt off these days. When did you have time to put this together??? ;) ;)

Glad you posted. Your skills are superior to mine, so you'll get nothing but kudos from me! Also glad to hear that the desired effect was accomplished... That is always a plus...

Be well, and take more time to do things like this. You know, smell the roses and all...... B)

Jason

BobR

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 am

Matt

I'm glad you did decide to post this. I thought it was great all around. Very nice playing and singing too. Cool video with all the parts.

Bob

dennisg

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Nice to see you back in the forum, Matt, and I really enjoyed the song. Keep it up!

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Magic!

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

It looked like such fun that it must have been easy ... :laugh:

But I'm sure it's hard playing and gargling thumb-tacks all at once, Matt.
Hey, just joking ... really loved your vocals.

Seriously, a great all-around show. Everyone was right on ... like I said: FUN.

I gather that Allison must make the people around her feel happy ...

Pierre

MarkM

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:54 am

Big smiles here!! Loved it! Great to see you again Matt. You did a fantastic job so hopefully we'll see more of you in the future.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic