Dennis & Jamie do an open-mic performance (gulp!)

dennisg

Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Well, I've gone and done it again. The "it" is an open-mic performance, and as if it weren't stressful enough the last time, I thought I'd introduce the pain to my wife Jamie. What you'll see here is the two of us doing a Sheryl Crow song called The Difficult Kind, a particular favorite of ours.

Before going on, we had discussed our positions on the stage relative to the camera, and when we got up there, we promptly forgot everything we'd discussed, so Jamie's hidden much of the time. But you can catch glimpses of her here and there and still hear her lovely voice.

As I was mentioning to a friend in an email this morning, the SPF (Sphincter Pucker Factor) rating for stress level was a 3 out of 10 this time, compared to an 8 out of 10 the last time. So, for those of you who are living vicariously through my various adventures, just know that it gets easier. Lots easier.

Vanessa made a comment last time about how I could do a much better job of relating to the audience, and I took that advice to heart. So what you'll see at times is me relating my ass off.

Enjoy.

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BigBear

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Awesome! Really well done! Now your wife just needs to find a guitar player to sing with!! LOL! Kidding of course.

I wish had the guts to do that. My SPF would be about 12 out of 10.

Congrats on a great performance!! :cheer:

tovo

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Great job you two. I guess you were rushing off the stage to get in the limo Jamie?

I thought your more relaxed demeanor was quite obvious Dennis. What was the venue just out of interest?

I really enjoyed it. I don't have anything to offer other than congratulations and get out of the way Den, Jamie has you covered for visual appeal. As you pointed out though, could still hear your great vocals Jamie. Sounds like the cough has cleared up just fine!

Loved watching, thanks for posting.

willem

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

well Yeah you need the guts indeed,,not so familair with the song but I give it a look,,,I enjoyed the performence and I alway's like song endings that look like endings and then there comes a final line and Jamie you did that perfect,,,Dennis you were cooooool...

Question: you were plugged in etc,,I wanna know if there was a monitor that gives the sound back to you!!! just curious!!

Willem

Edit. I even liked it more the second time,,how would it be the third time .........what a lovely song..

daryl

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Very impressive. Dennis you were one cool cucumber up there! And Jamie did great for her 1st open-mic. The question now is.....will she do it again?

sbutler

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree with Tony Dennis. The playing was great, the singing was great, and you did that song proud. I sensed some stage fright, but almost not enough to mention. Very pleasant to listen to.

I'd give the both of you, Two thumbs up. :cheer:

Scott

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Great job guys some nice guitar work there Dennis almost overshadowed by Jamie. Well done.

PS Will we get an encore from Jamie? Hope we do...

gtrhro69

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 pm

ok I'm all about positive reinforcement but is everybody on this site tone deaf? Whatever happened to constructive criticism?

takhak

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:28 pm

It seems like the "first" of your fundamental goals for 2012 is in full swing. That was great!

tovo

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 pm

gtrhro69 wrote:
ok I'm all about positive reinforcement but is everybody on this site tone deaf? Whatever happened to constructive criticism?
Well....where is your constructive criticism?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic