Dennis does open-mic night with The Zombies

Craig

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 am

Dennis,
Very cool my friend! You have become quite the showman! I felt like I was in the audience! Great job. I'm very happy for you.

Craig

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:32 am

Exxxxxcellent!

That's a great song to do live Dennis, short and sweet but with great impact and dripping with nostalgia. You really nailed the guitar parts and especially the transitions, never missing a beat. You sang it really well too (I could hear the cold but you adapted well). Your mic could have been boosted a little but the overall effect with the folks singing was really good. If you've got the crowd singing and giving you a wow! at the end, you've nailed it! The intro was perfectly pitched creating good rapport from the get-go. Great job!

willem

Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 am

Yeah Dennis,,sober?? I really like how you get the attension from the crowd(banter?) and then let them geuss which song it was..(hear training..lol more memorie but..) somewere in this year I really want to try this song..super..I need a coffee now..

Willem

lueders

Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Wow, is most definitely right!...you definitely made it look easy...and even as well as you have this song down it still takes a pretty fair degree of: focus, concentration, comfortability, and "ON-ness" (technical term) to pull this off like you did!
The crowd loved it and for good reason...if you can have folks taping their feet, clapping, or singing along then u have really done something. A. This in and of itself, should make you feel really great, I would think. (What a confidence builder!) B. Your musicality had 'em under your spell...the energy in the room was palpable.

Yamaha48

Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Dennis.

Good to see this open-mic night video.
A good choice that song from the Zombies,she 's not there.
On the end a good big hands from the audience.
I like the strumming of this song.
Thanks for sharing,and the time you spend to uploading.
Good work mate.

Cheers......Anton

BobR

Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Dennis,

That was really very good. Nice playing and singing a cool song. I enjoyed it a lot and your audience interaction is cool as well.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Dennis, this is indeed a cool adventure, thanks for letting us tag along for the ride.

An excellent showing, I agree with all the good that's already been said, so "ditto".

What I'd like to add is that you got this result by doing things intentionally ... I don't see much happening by accident here.

You get it, I'm sure ... all kinds of things had to be aligned for this to work out, but now you know a bit more about what you might do to help an audience feel fine with you, and whatever ensues. So you've laid the foundation of your own performing style ... how cool is that ?!

I'm game for hitching another ride anytime ! So both my thumbs are out (and up) !

Pierre

rapsidy

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi Dennis

There are a lot of things to overcome to do that, fabulous job a lot of courage :)

the fear of stuffing up would be high on the list

I take my hat off to you

awesome B)

pbraun

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 am

Dennis, hey that was great, you are in your element!
Pete

michelew

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Well I feel embarrassed for showing up so late :blush: , but besides that I só enjoyed both of your performances, I thought you were sooooooooooooo COOL!!! B) :cheer: And yeah, you sure engaged your ass off, haha :laugh: , you did just GREAT, loved it!!

Many kudos to Jamie, stepping up there is already a big accomplishment all by itself, I sure hope she'll do it again and won't run off stage as fast as she did :blink: :P , haha, I can só imagine!! She did great and I can also imagine you being soooooo proud of her!!

Thanks for sharing this with us Den, just lóved to see it!! :kiss:

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic