Busking DD and a little harp

willem

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 am

I guess this will work Willem, hope it was worth to wait :S !

willem wrote:
michelew wrote:
Geeesh does that mean you can't hear it Willem???

Maybe the area distribtution rights/copyright restrictions are working in our favour for once. We're too far away for the distributors to care.

Works for me. Our gain!!

Shel
I fly over Shell,,,if vimeo does'nt work!!! lol

lueders

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 am

Well, Gosh...%+?!•# pfffffffff is definitely right!

Who's to blame? The record label? The Internet gods? Our backwater affiliate provider?
Don Henley? His ponytail? ( I always knew that thing was evil.)

Crossing my fingers for Vimeo...

dennisg

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 am

Want to know how good a performer you are, Ness? Your video is great to watch even with no sound.

Edit: Just watched the Vimeo version. Ness, you are perfection! All the suggestions we make (loosen your wrist, don't always bang on all six strings, emphasize the first beat of a measure, change up your strum pattern, etc.) to guitarists on their videos, you incorporate so easily -- without even having to give it a thought. I'd not only love to play with you, I'd love to play like you. You're an inspiration.

BobR

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 am

Vanessa,

I am so glad you were able to find a way to post this.

Very nicely done.

Bob

Music Junkie

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:58 am

Ness:

Ahh, well, ahh, ahem........... I am at a loss for words..... B)

That was a sweet cover lady! I have got to get one of those neck harnesses and a few harmonicas. That sounded very cool! I really loved the little hammer-ons and variations in strumming you threw in there. As always, your skill shows, so I won't bother you with compliments on that.... :P :P :P O.k., maybe a little..... You are a fine player Ness.... ;)

I hope to be half as good some day.... B)

Jason

Craig

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Vanessa,
Wonderful as always! My favorite Eagle album for sure. With the harp, and knowing the chords, and the DD clue, I knew what you were playing with no sound... and it was enjoyable!!!! Like Dennis said, what a compliment to you! However, with the sound, it was as great as I imagined! Why did you tease us with the little guitar part at the end? :laugh: I know you can play it! Maybe next time!? :)

Craig

willem

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:36 pm

It sure was worth waiting and glad the link worked,,,well it was you performing again and i am sure you listen very good to the original..

For the harp I think I know what you mean.. you want more a ''hall'' sound''? well if you keep the thing in your hands you can make with your hands a trompet..for me it sounded just hard enough, its also with singin''keep the breath low'' and the inside of your mouth/head can work like a sound board..its such a fantastic instrument they even sing in it...not that I can do all that stuff but....................

THX Ness it was very nice listen too you again....

Willem

familyman4

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks for posting the alternate site for the sound!

Beautiful as always.

Bart

tovo

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Vimeo works a treat, all good. Ness, can I suggest taking down the one with no sound and just leaving the vimeo link? People might assume they can't hear and not go to the link which would be a crying shame.

It's meant as a huge compliment from me to say that I really dislike that song, but I really enjoyed your performance of it. Gee you are polished. The combination of your great guitar work and your warm vibe when performing is a great combination.

tombo1230

Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Vimeo saves the day!

Well lady that was just freekin' %^&*()(££$%"! brilliant in fact. The harp made the song for me and your effortless playing was just magnifique! Very cool! B) :)

We learned to sing this at school. Takes me back a while. You can't beat a good bit of nostalgia. :) Great job!

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic