Busking DD and a little harp

mark

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 am

nesh16041972 wrote:

Mark: Thanks Mark! I have to say, I'm confused, what's the right english word for it :dry: ? Harp or harmonica :unsure: ? Personally I use the latter, but I read several times that people were talking about the 'harp' that I put thát word in the title. Can someone fill me in?? In any way, thanks for dropping by!

Ness
I have to admit it's a bit confusing to me.
If you are playing blues or pop/rock music and you say you are playing harp it means that you are playing harmonica.
If you are playing classical music then harp means one of those massive multi stringed pretty sounding instruments.

I'm not sure how well know the term harp for harmonica is.

If you ever get booked to play harp at a wedding reception it's probably best not to turn up with your harmonica :laugh:

suziko

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Ness,

Another amazing performance from you!! Wow- I especially loved your harp intro! And to think you just learned to play it a few months ago. You are a real inspiration! I actually had never heard this song before, but I loved your version of it. Just beautiful and played with so much emotion. I'm glad it worked to link to Vimeo- it would have been a shame not to get to see that performance!!

Suzi

MarkM

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Ness,

Killer job on this!!! I mean can this be performed any better than what you just showed us? NO. Perfection!!! That was so enjoyable to see Ness. Really remarkable. Simple but with such passion. Thanks for sharing this and sorry for the delay in watching it.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Loved it!

Really liked the strumming- especially when you turned it up a notch!
..and the singing
..and the harmonica
..and
..and

Just great.

Hydroman52

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Wondering . . . . . . is that a B-flat harp?

Thanks,
Hydroman52

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Bigbear: WOW Rick!! THANKS!!! Really really pleased to read your comment! :cheer: :cheer:

Chas: Aaaaah Chas, thanks so much, sure loved to read that one too, smiling big!! :cheer: :)

CoClimber: Hey there, thanks so much for dropping by and your kind comment, really nice to hear and much appreciated!!

Mark: Hahahaha, indeed, I'll remember!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Suziko: Hey Sue!! Sooooooooo very glad you liked it :cheer: , thanks for calling me an 'inspiration' :) :) :) , you're a sweetheart!! :kiss:

Mark: Ooooooh Mark, smiling smiling smiling :) :) :) , just #@$@%@$@# GREAT to read :woohoo: , thanks so very much!!!

AcousticAl: Hey Al, so very happy that you liked the whóle thing! ;) And.....and.....and... :P....just appreciate it a lot, thanks Al!

Hydro: Yep, it's a B-flat harmonica/harp.

Thanks again all!! :) :)

Ness

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Ness, I tried to play along with you, and soon enough dropped the pick ...
I realized that ... hey, this is meditative stuff ... got me wondering: have you played Van Morisson's "Into the Mystic" ?

With the inspiration shown here, I get the feeling there's something worth exploring in that direction.

Thanks !
Pierre

haoli25

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 am

Only a week late to the party...... You are awesome, dear lady. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Image

dtaylor

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:32 am

Pierre: Hey Pierre, thanks for checking it out and even playing along with me! Meditative stuff, really????! Well I need to check out 'Into the Mystic' I guess, which I will! Thanks Pierre!!

Haoli25: Aaaaaaaah dear Bill, I don't care how late you get to the party, you did get here, thanks so much for your sweet comment and clapping hands, truly happy with that!!!!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer:

Thanks guys!

Ness

michelew

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:50 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Edit: Well maybe this will work:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@#$#@#$%$#@#$##!!!!

Sorry folks, no audio, I committed a crime and didn't ask the Eagles to cover a song of theirs.....I stand corrected....

I was actually worried about it, which is the reason why I didn't put it in the title....but youtube obviously has sound-filters too...

$@%#$@%@$@%@$!! and some more...... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

BUMP!! Just watched this again and thought i'd bump it for anyone that didn't see it the first time Use the link

I can't believe just how much variation and impact you can get with a straightforward progression Ness. So cool. Love the double strums, the flourishes, the accents, the stops and percuissive elements. And sweet, sweet vocals to top it off. ... When I grow up.... :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic